which places did you go barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by lovebarefoot, May 25, 2014.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yeah walking through dry crunchy leaves barefoot is really fun!

1 person likes this.
  2. charlie35

charlie35 Member

It sure is! Have now just been bf for three weeks solid, even at work! It's much easier than I thought. Basically no one gives a sh*t! All the problems we have are all in our own heads! Now wanna try to stay bf all winter. Actually see no reason why that should not be possible :)

2 people like this.
  3. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Maybe we will have snow here next weekend. Snowfooting. :)

4. charlie35

charlie35 Member

On balance I do hope not. I agree a little bit of snowfooting would be fun, but I hate it when it snows for days on end and everything grinds to a halt and life becomes hassle. I'm a summer baby at heart :sunny:

5. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Hope it won't snow for days and getting really cold. Having no shoes it would affect my life, too.

6. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Yeh i can understand no shoes sad as....in snow days but no shoes in general is liberating. I have a policy no shoes outside of work. Doesnt affect my life in a negative way.

1 person likes this.
  7. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Yeah good luck charlie bro. I hate cold slushy feet. Im lucky auckland new zealand dont have snow. But im hangin out for hot dry weather for sure. Barefoot most of day cept im not allowed to front manager with barefeet. all good though have to work for the good things in life and aside from that my time is my control so me and mine are happy with.my barefeet.

2 people like this.
  8. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Exactly. :)

9. Mattekat

My boyfriend wants to relocate us to new Zealand eventually. I'm not so sure I want to leave canada, but I keep thinking of all the barefoot possibilities!

1 person likes this.
  10. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Is he a footer too, mattekat, and thinks NZ is the best place for that reason?? Or is it just a lucky coincidence that he wants to go there? Personally I'd love to live there. From what I've read it's the most bf friendly country in the world.

11. Mattekat

It's just a lucky coincidence. He spent a few months there just after we first met and fell in love with it. He isn't a barefooter though. He doesn't even like to wear sandals!

1 person likes this.
  12. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

Haven't really been barefoot much in the last few months, and have been moisturising my feet more and using my Scholl Velvet Express Pedi a lot so my soles have become super soft. Although last night I went to a concert in Birmingham and my Toms Ballet Flats were rubbing my feet so I took them off and walked home barefoot and when I got home I spotted a few small shards of glass in stuck in each foot

I used to be able to walk over broken glass without issue, luckily I'm good at removing shards and have a high pain tolerance so it doesn't really bother me.

1 person likes this.
  13. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

Walked Barefoot to my local Tesco express petrol station to get some snacks last night in my pyjamas and a cardigan. I left my shoes at home because I missed being barefoot and also because I couldn't be bothered to put any on. It's all paved between mine and Tesco and was quite an enjoyable walk about 10 minutes each way, although when I got home I noticed a few shards of glass had got embedded in my soles again which is my fault because I'm always moisturising and using my school velvet express pedi because I have to have super soft feet and because I never look where I am walking.

Tonight I was sitting home kinda bored and saw it had been raining so decided to go for a walk, again in my pyjamas, left my shoes at home and had fun splashing in the puddles and stuff. I've started to love going out in pyjamas it's so much more comfy.

My leg gets quite painful at the moment so I mostly wear shoes and don't go out when I don't need to, but next year after all my physio is done I want to spend as much time barefoot as possible.

14. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

At a grocery store, but I didn't just walk around and wait for management to confront me or not. I got my items, self-checked out, and that was done. I did have a shopping cart, but I was openly barefoot from entering to exiting the store.

At one point, some canned items fell on my foot when I was done getting the bags. Staff went over to me immediately and asked if I was okay. Given that they looked down at the items that fell on the top of one foot, they obviously saw bare feet. I took responsibility for the fallen items and told them it didn't hurt. Then they went on as if nothing ever happened, I even looked back as was leaving the store and they weren't paying any attention to my bare feet.

Guaranteed if I tried to blame the store, other than mentioning that the bag broke, regarding any injury to my feet (even if it did occur) that they would have not only asked me to leave, but probably put a security guard or greeter at the door to check for barefooters next time. Now I know I can continue going barefoot to that store until they say otherwise, but then if they do, I will respect their business and no longer go barefoot there.

2 people like this.
  15. Mattekat

I wish here were more places like that around here! Especially this time of year, it is very noticeable if you are barefoot.

I walked home from work today and took my shoes off halfway. It was very cold but surprisingly bearable over dry surfaces. The only hard part was a muddy pathway. It was hard packed, mostly frozen mud, but there was a thin layer on top that was damp and it made my feet painfully cold. I kept going though and with the occasional step onto the woodchip covered ground along the side I managed. If the woodchip hadn't have been so dang sharp on my arches I would have done that the whole way. I'm glad I didn't though because I now know how much of that type of cold my feet can tolerate.

I look forward to getting some real snow so I can try snowfooting, but we have had a curious lack of precipitaton...

16. Barefoot in places such as banks, post offices, and small markets is really fun. Takes some "nerve" and repeat doing, but worth the discipline. The sweet thing about barefooting is that you have to do it more and more to be able to do it. To go barefoot, you just plain ... have to go barefoot!

17. Mattekat

It really also depends on where you live it seems. Some of us have had the nerve and done it many times and been consistently asked to leave places. I can normally go to the bank and the grocery store barefoot I the summer though.

18. Society has its rules...you just need to find the places where you can "do it" and then u keep on keeping on! I'm going out for a barefoot stroll now! I can hardly wait!

19. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Just be smart about it.

I've gone to a grocery and drug store barefoot, bought a few items, even had staff walk by me, and had no problems. Same store when I took off my flip flops in line and checked my soles (too see if any black flip flop footbed dye made my soles any dirtier), the security staff that was already roaming the store paid specific attention the fact I was barefoot. This tells me that even though store staff doesn't have an issue, also because I am a more than occasional customer, the security staff roaming the store does. I know for sure because when staff walked by me, security was never specifically called on me. So for that store, I'll be entering barefoot but with flip flops carried with a waistpack just in case.

Then there are those stores that frequently dust mop their slick tile floors or use a huge buffer machine to polish their soles. I've been confronted once, when I asked a manager about finding an item, but they still let me finish shopping because I was all business and not just roaming around the store. The second time I was in that store, I ignored the "excuse me sir" but that's when I saw the huge buffing machine. Nope, dirty soles already track in more dirt than shoes because they trap more dirt, and then add a wet floor surface and that's dirty footprints on the floor. For those stores? For sure I'll be wearing flip flops in there, simply out of respect.

I'm not making any statement here. It would be nice if I could go barefoot to every business, and some of them I have seen if I could but I was still all business and not just roaming around. But, if I am specifically told I need to wear shoes, I will try again once more, maybe they saw I wasn't a suspicious customer, just one in bare feet. So, I can pretend I don't hear them trying to get my attention, but if they specifically confront me a second time: wearing shoes it is.

What irks me the most is those who want to make protests. Challenging a greeter is one thing, especially when no sign exists, but they can still get a manager to throw someone out so just get the shoes if they insist.

Talking down a manager into finishing shopping is another issue, maybe they won't ban it next time when they see a responsible customer. Pretending not to hear is one thing though, assuming it's not the same manager as the first time! A second confrontation by the same manager may end up being asked to leave immediately, and then the barefooter is on the radar for being asked to leave and never come back.. A second confrontation by another manager in the same store should still serve as a warning, they might report it to another manager, and remember the stores have security cameras.

A manager who specifically asks to leave right now? Leave and get shoes, or they can call the police for something as severe as trespassing. Don't write corporate, they may pacify the problem barefooter then and make store policies later. Don't get a doctor's note for a non-existent disability just to go barefoot, that's borderline or actual medical fraud.

Remember that stores have their own business policies, and barefoot is not a protected class. Keep it up, and cities can make their own ordinances, even if it's beyond ridiculous for an entire state to make laws because of beach areas. For example, if Target, Walmart, Vons, a major shopping mall, and several non-fast food restaurants all have had enough with disrespectful barefooters and take it to city council... it is very likely they could draft and approve Ordinance NBF1: No barefooting allowed in public businesses or $250 fine and possible exclusion from that business. Then it's not just an individual store policy, now any business fed up with barefooters can report it, have the full backing of the city to ban that barefooter and the city can fine them.

Don't be stupid or the militant cause is going to screw it up for all barefooters, you know, those who have been doing it already without solidarity group meetups or protests. That's all that needs to be said! Individual men have gone in barefoot, individual women have gone in barefoot, couples whether one or both were barefoot... the couples have the least odds of being confronted at all about being barefoot but as part of their overall lifestyle, it's not a movement.

20. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

It's been exceptionally warm the last few days here and ive ben on vactation from my job so i been starght-up barefoot everywhere the last few days...Went to my church this morning barefoot of course and this older lady came up to me and tells me " I have to tell you i bet you have Happy Feet (like the movie) can you dance like that penguin did?" I dont but i now kidna want to learn..lol