which places did you go barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by lovebarefoot, May 25, 2014.

1. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

It's getting very close to winter here now, so my public barefooting season has been over for some weeks now. But I still barefoot around the house and my home yard. Last night the temps dropped all the way to -5 C (=23 Fah), and a beautiful layer of prettily glistening frost formed onto the ground, so I decided to take a little late night walk. I wanted to work out and air out my paws properly before going to bed, because a shopping trip earlier in the day left my feet feeling sweaty and painful from the use of shoes and socks, and that was a feeling that I wanted to get rid of. A problem that I fixed by walking around the yard and on the quiet, frosty road for little under 10 minutes in the -5 C weather before getting back inside. The result: Two well freshened feet.

2. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings tto watch my Houston Astros as well as a few hockey games (they got like 10 tv's in there or more)

3. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

My new job requires that I wear close toed shoes, so I have been trying to get out for more barefoot walks at night. It's getting cold though and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Even when I give in and wear sandals this happens!

1 person likes this.
  4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Just got in from running a few errands. Credit union, post office, gas station. 84 degrees out side and slightly hazy. Great day to be bare!

5. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

I went to a restaurant/bar and sat at the bar watching football for about 4 hours a couple of weeks ago. I go to retail stores and to pick up takeout in bare feet all of the time, but I was nervous to go in to sit and stay for so much time. No problems whatsoever though. I caught a couple of glances on my way to the bathroom, but no one said a word.

6. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

About a 20 minutes total deliberate walk around the neighborhood loop, just at the start of the hottest afternoon hours, and on smooth almost freshly slurried streets that were already dry. Forecast temperatures for my area varied between 99 degrees F and 101 degrees F, depending on the news channel, but there was little to no humidity to add significant heat index. Definitely burning hot with each step, almost too hot walking longer stretches as the soles burned more, but never actually too hot enough to have to wince and grit my teeth from the soles burning too much. One woman did comment to me "you have tough feet" as I was walking past her as she went to her car, and I was walking in the middle of the unshaded asphalt, and I told her it was alright. My feet did just fine, dirty but not absolutely coated black, and no blisters, although deliberately roughened calluses and areas where previous blisters are still healing look more white through the dirt. I always made sure to jump over shade and concrete whenever possible, unless I couldn't walk around it or jump over it.

Now I just have to retain much of that increased heat to tolerance as the weather gets colder for fall and winter. Cold weather barefooting does nothing for heat tolerance, and wearing shoes and socks makes the soles smoother and less tough.

7. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Ouch! Hot asphalt walking on neighborhood streets, then a visit to a local beach area,

It wasn't just the heat because I do have very burnable soles. I started with 15 minutes on burning hot asphalt that was no challenge: it burned hot, but never too much that I really felt it was too hot.

My mistake was doing almost three miles on rough sidewalk, sharper gravel embedded sidewalk, and small pebble embedded sidewalk, the same day as that much heat walking. Apparently, waiting an hour isn't much heat relief for the soles, even though there wasn't even any stinging from the burning hot walk! Who would have thought that a beach area, where there are plenty of barefoot walkers, would have that kind of walk that was not directly close to the shore! At least along the beach was mostly sidewalk, but there were some slightly rough sections that had smaller holes in the sidewalk. Walking the wooden pier was also not a problem since I lifted my soles, rather than sliding them. That longer distance rough walk really wore out the soles, and I should have walked slower instead of a normal pace, so my soles really felt tender after that. I did ended up with two new blisters, but they are small enough. Walking today is mostly okay, but I did have to band-aid the blisters from too much hurt. In two days maximum, I will be absolutely ready to barefoot again even on rough, but at a slower pace for longer distances since I know how much it really wears down the soles. I'll obviously have to gradually work up to much longer distances of rough after more than 10 minutes on hot. Unfortunately, the heat waves in the high 90 degrees F range are ending so I don't get a lot of almost too hot before rough, and I don't use any methods to get the soles used to extended heat except for burning hot walks on asphalt.

8. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Right on, Tattgirl! I go barefoot everywhere I can. If I have to have footwear it is sandals, so I can kick them right off. Running errands, driving, whatever. And I NEVER wear shoes at home. Very cool that your man loves and appreciates your beautiful, tattooed and jewelry-decorated bare feet!

9. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

Southern California is very nicely having extended summer-like weather. Next Wednesday, October 21, 2015, is forecast to be 96 degrees F. Any barefooting during the hottest afternoon hours will be extended on prolonged heat. Still, I can warm up with the usual 15 minutes or so blacktop walk, walk about 5 minutes on sidewalk, and then miles on bike paths that are rough but NOT sharp when I take the light rail to a city with already hotter. I'll just check the soles more often, and slow down when I start seeing white hotspots. I don't plan on wearing flip flops so I'll just hope I don't get any new blisters. Calluses scuffed and burned exceptionally white are ideal.

10. Mattekat

I walked home barefoot the other night after work.my feet ere quite sore frm being cramped in shoes all day so I ripped them off the second I was finished. I was still wearing my uniform though, so I got a lot of strange looks.

11. Mattekat

I walked to the bus stop yesterday barefoot. It wasn't a long walk but it was during rush hour and everyone was staring. The cold weather really does make it look odd. I did put my shoes on to get on the bus but took them off again once I was seated.

12. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Went to Bojangles, Walked around my local mall and hit Best Buy and Target

13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Here it's about 5°C-15°C (40°F-60°F) at the moment. And since I don't have any shoes, I'm always barefoot. And I don't plan to get shoes. :)

(Need some warmer clothes, though.)

14. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Yesterday went to watch the veteran car run. Stopped at a village en route and got filthy feet from all the mud and damp from the village green which was quite squishy and very wet from the fog, and from the country lane where I parked. Had a drink in the pub there without comment. Then to Brighton to watch them arrive. Again had to park some distance away so a good tramp through the streets too :)

15. Mattekat

Today was unseasonably warm, so after work instead of taking a bus closer to home, I took off my shoes and walked the whole way. It was awesome! It felt really nice on my feet after being cooped up in shoes all afternoon.

1 person likes this.
  16. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Yeah, walking barefoot is fun at the moment. I like to walk through foliage (right word?) - if I don't think there is something dangerous underneath. It's fun. And the warm temps make it really great. :)

17. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Hi ya from new zealand. Still here barefooting 24/7 outside of work and as much as i can at work. Today just a few big malls and a local supermarket.
    Its finally warm weather and my feet are enjoying soothing heat fron the road surface.

18. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Hi ya from new zealand. Still here barefooting 24/7 outside of work and as much as i can at work. Today just a few big malls and a local supermarket.
    Its finally warm weather and my feet are enjoying soothing heat fron the road surface.

19. JamesMorbid

JamesMorbid Members

Lol I DO go 24/7 barefoot unless its cold, there are briars, or a store notices (then flip flops)

20. JamesMorbid

JamesMorbid Members

I am in the far south though AND in the ghetto so im not the only one, noone cares but old white ladies