Which one do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Morning Myst, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Ryvr

Ryvr Member

Music festivals barefoot are fantastic! Usually nice variation of grass and packed dirt, or if it rains, wet grass and mud (yey!).

All around Asheville, NC is great too ... lots of people go barefoot everywhere ... on the streets, in stores, out in nature, and dancing at the weekly drum circles in the park.

Peace and Love,
    Ryvr

[​IMG]

2. yamark

yamark Member

Super Market.....your feet get abit cold, but super dirty on the bottoms.

3. rainbowcoloreddark

rainbowcoloreddark Member

i chose other...
    and my other is work.
    i can walk around barefoot all over this hotel and nobody says a word. i have actually had guests say how happy they were to see me barefoot and comfortable...

though i have another other as well...
    i love puddles. barefoot. and with shorts one...so when you splash (which i make sure i do ever puddle i see) you get your legs wet too...i love it.

4. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Yes! I can relate. Shorts and bf is the way I love most.

5. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

On grass or in the sand. It is wonderful to sink your toes in the above mentioned enviornments.

6. barefooted_in_iowa

barefooted_in_iowa Member

the cool tiles inside of a store.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

anything.. i love the different textures..

mud has got to be one of my favorites, bike pedals come in at a close second

8. kwiley

kwiley Member

I like the cool floors of my old office, if only because I could be barefoot all the time and a couple of my co-workers decided to join me. Now that I work from home, although obviously sholeless, I miss the piter-pater of other barefooters!

9. shoeless_mark

shoeless_mark Member

Any or all of the above, it doesn't really matter to me.

10. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

oh boy, am I ever in the minority here! lol
    I voted sand. It just feels so cool! And I love the way my feet look afterwards!
    Grass is a close second, especially when it's all dewy like you guys were mentioning. I actually really wished I was walking in dewy grass at that moment!
    What I really like is going from one texture to the next. You miss so much in your shoes, but you notice and appreciate the whole world happening below you feet when you lose the shoes (heehee, that rhymes :p)

11. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

Now that I'm in a house that requires a lot of yardwork, I'm out weeding of pruning or whatever needs done every weekend, and I am beginning to enjoy the feel of freshly dug soil under my feet. The loose cool earth...it's a great feeling, and quickly becoming my favorite barefoot experience.

12. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

I must say hot hard earth is great too. There's a small road of hard earth on our way to the tamtams, and I always enjoy walking on it.

13. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

I chose other, because I tend to like rough surfaces like gravel more. Sidewalks are okay, but I prefer something much rougher...my feet are tough and I rarely feel pain in them, with anything, so I prefer extra stimulation to them.

I've been wearing flip flops more often since moving in with my roomie who complains about me dragging in dirty footprints, and I hate it.

I can't wait to get out of there.

14. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Oh yeah, and I also love my the way mud and what not feels on my feet. I'm like a little kid that way... the grosser, the better.

15. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

Yeah I'm the same way- I like gravel, rocky trails, and hot pavement 'cause my feet are tough and like the extra stimulation.

Apples + Oranjes, good luck with getting out of there so you and your feet can be free again.

16. kwiley

kwiley Member

I too love the feeling of mud on my soles, it does bring back childlike memories. It's too bad that roommates can try and impose their will on something so simple as choosing to be barefoot since we all know that shoes track in just as much if not more dirt. Oh well, maybe one day everyone else will get the picture. It's a good reminder to enjoy being barefoot every chance you get!

17. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Yeah I have a reputation for having "dirty hippie feet" as my friends and fiancee call it, but I'm proud.
    I love my feet more than any other physical attribute.

I hate how my fiancee, along with a dermatologist that I basically do not take care of my feet because I refuse to wear socks at all costs, and very rarely shoes... I probably take better care of my feet than anyone I know.

I make it a goal to give myself a daily foot massage for sure, and I keep my nails trimmed so that they dont become ingrown or snag on anything. So what if they are a little caloused? I'll be the last person to get hurt on my feet that way.

My feet are much happier shoeless... When I wear shoes or sandals I'm constantly getting blisters, but I never EVER get blisters barefoot.

And socks just make me feel like my poor feet cant breathe, period. I hate socks with a frickin passion. Always have. My mom could never get me to keep my socks on as a kid. And pantyhose/tights were out of the question as well...when she would dress me up for special ocassions, I would tear off those tights from under my frilly little dress the second we arrived wherever we were.

I just like being comfortable :)

18. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

I too have "dirty hippie feet," which is a term a ex-lover of mine used. Caloused feet are tough and healthy feet.

I totally agree with you regarding socks. Keep those feet bare and let em breath.:)

19. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Hey Apples, what do you do about your barefooting during those long Wisconsin winters?

I'm curious.

20. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

I love dirty hippie feet. They are stronger and healthier than stinky shod feet. Any experienced doctor will say that going barefoot is healthier for your feet in every way.

I hate socks- I can't stand the way the elastic chokes around my ankles and makes my feet all hot and suffucated.

Weird how so many people are brainwashed into thinking shoes and socks are necessities when they are really just nuisances.