Which one do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Morning Myst, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

As for myself, I prefer the sidewalk when it's not too hot. I also like cold store floors. I really enjoy the feelings my feet gets when I walk around.

2. mr.tballs

mr.tballs Member

nothing is better is walking threw the grass bare footed on a hot day

3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

What's really nice is walking barefoot on grass right after a rain storm. Another favorite surface of mine is cool soft mud but not to the point where it's too squishy.

4. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

I like crunchy gravel roads out in the country in the summertime.

5. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Gravel and the like! Even after more than nine years I still get a kick out of walking easily on rough surfaces, it's still real cool to experience how tough my feet are.

6. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

Carnivals, concerts, stores, malls, wherever one would go shod is the best for going barefoot! City streets, subways and street festivals are cool, too.

7. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Grass. I'm not a hardcore barefooter like most of you are (my feet are too weird, and it's painful to go barefoot for too long...and I'm seriously jealous of all of you... :D), but the feel of cool grass, wet with morning dew, is one of the most delightful things in the universe, I swear... :)

8. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I like asphault and sidewalks, grass is ok too. I guess the absolute favorite would be sand.

9. Josh_the_Small

Josh_the_Small Member

I was just walking through some smooth englufing super cool mud today, heaven.

10. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I love the grass most...but can handle any surface...

11. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

Thick ankle deep mud, moss on a fallen tree, leaves from last autumn, scorching hot pavement bristling with energy, wet sand, grocery store floors in the frozen food department. It's all good to me ! and the more you barefoot the more comfortable it all is

12. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

concrete and asphalt are great... but i love the wet wood of a dock after a squall.

13. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

I love the feel of all of it, plus a few not mentioned. Grass is probably high on everyone's list. I love store floors, when the control freaks don't interrupt the pleasure. But I voted Other. I'm in the woods more than many, and I have the supreme pleasure of walking on moss, several species, all different, if you can believe it, and then pine needles, spruce needles (again, they're different) and leaves on the forest floor. Another leaf pleasure is fresh leaves in the fall, caressing the feet top and bottom. Amazing.

But I think what I have that's unusual is the mosses and lichens. You can walk on the lichens when they're still wet without hurting them. I've been meaning to put up a gallery of "my surfaces" soon. I'm very fortunate that way. Much of my work actually involves walking on these surfaces, and I require barefooting for any moss/lichen gardening we do.

14. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

What about hard-wood floors? There's nothing quit like the firm and grippy feeling it gives you. I can see the appeal of modern dance.

15. exile

exile Member

warms asphalt...followed by the cool tile of most stores

16. Noic75

Noic75 Member

I like the grass, but hard wood floors are a close second. [​IMG]

17. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

Oh yes! Especially when you were walking on scorching sidewalks a minute before!

18. MadEyeMoody

MadEyeMoody Member

asphault at night after an hell of a hot day greass is realy cool to walk on evry time

19. Rev.L.Ation

Rev.L.Ation Member

Haha, I'm the only one who voted sand.

Although I don't live anywhere near a beach, when I'm near a volleyball court or something of that nature, I ALWAYS take my shows off, no matter what temperature. Shoes on sand drives me crazy, not to mention is just morally wrong.

The sand smoothes your feet too.

20. Barefoot Mila

Barefoot Mila Member

wet cold grass in the night time in a forrest! That's what I tried just yesterday during night pagan Slavic excursion!!!
    Barefoot Mila.