Which is the oddest Movie You have ever watched?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oildream, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

any of you fancy lads ever seen Cabin Boy?
    Chris Elliot at his finest, me thinks.

2. hiphapgirl

hiphapgirl Member

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

Are your pipes clean? Do I want a monkey? Of COURSE I've seen Cabin Boy!

4. hiphapgirl

hiphapgirl Member

Independence Day! very terrible film...:H

Joe Strummer:The Future is Unwritten........the most awaited doc.film of the ages....watch the next documented film of Julien Temple....

[​IMG]

don't miss it guys to watch this summer.......

5. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

casablanca

6. amourcathy

amourcathy Member

Charles Chaplin 's movies .and i like the "City Light" most .

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

What, so you think Eraserhead is wierd ???

Man have you ever watched, The Sound Of Music? That is one wierd F***ed up movie, people bursting into song all over the place just because someone woke up, and then they all go around like dancing in formation through the streets. Erazerhead is like normal life compared to The Sound Of Music, and GREASE ???? I mean if you acted like that at school some mean muthaf*cker would beat you to a pulp, its just totally gay the way those guys all sing and dance in formation, and then they have some kind of cliche' race in a storm drain, where everyone starts singing because one of the cars starts up.

In one of those kinds of movie someone only has to drop a pencil or fart loudly and the entire cast starts singing and dancing - Thats what I call strange in the extreme

No Eraserhead is very very normal compared to those films

8. Henry151

Henry151 Member

Barton Fink

I Heart Huckabees

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

9. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

Eraserhead I see has already been mentioned... I've seen a couple of Tarkovsky films that are pretty insane, but not too pleasurable to me (some people love it... not my cup of tea). Lots of different experimental films... the Coffin Joe movies, etc.

10. Henry151

Henry151 Member

I forgot about that one. It goes along with my other 3.

11. hiphapgirl

hiphapgirl Member

And, at that, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly were more beautiful than both [​IMG] But they were all stunning in that Casablanca as what I heard from the others..
    [​IMG]
    more curious to look forward this another documentary film of Julien Temple: The Future is Unwritten.
    check the link for the trailer guys!

12. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

I'm gonna say I Heart Huckabees but I was hammered the only time I saw it so maybe I should watch it again. Also, I just finished watching The Science Of Sleep, and although i liked it, it was bizarre. Early in the movie there was a clear line between Stephane's dreams and his waking life, but as the movie progressed and his waking life became less and less favorable, that line became blurred.

13. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Gummo and Being there are two that come to mind

Cello Song likes this.
  14. Nirvana56789

Nirvana56789 Member

A Doom Generation

After I saw that I was like What the f**** was that?!?

Odd movie..

15. Strange Days

Strange Days Member

I find a lot of movies up until the 60s or so to be quite odd, with a few exceptions. Maybe not so odd as they were annoying because they were so goody-goody and boring in the beginning. Oh and silent films, I can't watch those without laughing hysterically...they look so weird in the 21st century.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

eraser head, beau piere, buckaroo bonasai in the 8-th dimention, natasha kinski's version of the cat people, dark star it think it was called, the one with the maxwell smartbomb and the alien beach ball with chicken feet, bilitis, jacob andrews, the draftsman's contract, there was a little forign art move house arround the corner and a couple of blocks away from one place i lived in portland oregon, where i saw about half of these and a bunch more i can't remember the names of. back when i could actualy afford to go to movies. this was in the early to mid 80s. secret policeman's other ball (not great but it had it's moments). labrynth, even though of these it got big circulation i think it qualifies as a bit of an odd one. my favorite movie of all time, dark crystal probably qualifies, oh and something i can't think of the name of right how, zell or something like that. never ending story of course. really all of my favorites i suppose would qualify as odd in some way. i mean if the're not, what's the point? men in black of course, that's about the only one i've seen at a movie house in the last ten years. willow, the sorceress, hmmm a couple of others in that genre, red sonja, gonad (connan the barbarian), well odd movies i have seen pretty much = movies i have seen or wanted to. barbarella, back in the late 60s. sleazy rider was ok but meh, what else, ... , no i never saw rocky horror in a movie house. well there was the cellery stalk that ate seattle and of course that tomatoes thing, attack of the killer tomatoes, killer klowns from outer space, night of the leapids, some rare early dr who eppisodes with jon pertwi and before with patric troutin, oh and "do you want to play a game?", whatever that was called, i forget now, the one staring an imsi 8000. allegro non tropo, a couple of off the wall things by ralf bakshi back in the late 70s/early 80s. i saw tron on a double bill with twice upon a time, back when tron was hot stuff. undoubtly more i haven't mentioned or dredged up. oh, krull, that was what i was thinking of when i said "zell". yah there were a bunch of others a little like it. black lagoon where the girl gets raped by sea weed, bottle beyond the stairs (battle beyond the stars), flight of the navigator, goonies, e.t., ce3k, ...

=^^=
    .../\...

17. superfrank

superfrank Member

The first Nosferatu. That is such a strange film.

18. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

definately "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me"

a David Lynch movie............I was more confused ( and disturbed) after watching this......its like a really bad trip......

that, or GUMMO...eeesh.....

19. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

20. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Schizopolis. I need to see it again.