Which is stronger scorpio rising or scorpio sun

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Scorpion88, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Scorpion88

Scorpion88 Member

Hi, I have a scorpio rising but saggitarius sun. Anyway,I wondered which was stronger the scorpio sun or the scorpio rising.
    Just out of interest?
    I know the scorpio rising makes my outlook on life more serious than what a saggy looks at life. Also people tend to think i'm quiet when really I like to talk, but the scorpio rising makes me hang back when I first meet a person.
    any way your thoughts are appreciated!!

2. Josh-e

Josh-e Member

blatantly Scorpio sun

3. Spinner

Spinner Member

It doesn't matter to me because I have a sun in scorpio and a scorpio rising!
    :D

4. LetMeSee

LetMeSee Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I live with someone who is both scorpio rising and sun in scorpio.*ready to pull the last thread of hair out*

5. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

It depends!

In the case of Scorpio rising, the native will have a stonger influence of Scorpio, but the intensity of that will depend on where Mars is. If Mars is also in Scorpio, it will be strong, and if Mars in Taurus for example, it will be in detriment.

The Sun in Scorpio is perigrine or "lost" unless it is between the 1st and 10th degrees in which case it is dignified by face. Dignity by face is pretty weak, and according to William Lilly a dignity by face is "like a man ready to be turned out of doors, having much ado to maintain himself in credit and reputation: and in geneologies it represents a family at the last gasp, even as good as quite decayed, hardly able to support itself."

6. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

Natally, which is the greates degree? For example, if you have 23 Scorpio rising but 10 degree Sag Sun, then Scorpio rising may be greater. In fact, which ever planet is in the greatest degree will have a far greater effect in the 'scope.

In the case of the Sun, subtract it from 30 and that is about the time that you will have or did have a very momentus event in your life.

Next consider progressions. I have Virgo rising but it has progressed to Scorpio. But my Aries Sun has also progressed... Then consider Solar Returns, Lunar Returns, Mercury and Venus returns...

But to answer your question, probably a Scorpio Sun because it makes connections to all the other planets whereas the ascendent "only" makes connections every month (lunar transit) and planetary transits.

7. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

I believe today the Sun goes into Scorpio. So all your Scorpios should have some house activated. (Solar returns for Scorpios).

8. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

Scorpio Rising and Scorpio Sun placements are both strong, but the casual observer may notice a Scorpio ASC. more often. Scorpio Rising is also like having Pluto in the first. It will give a dark intensity, and will add and intensity to any casual relations. Your personality would be dark and powefully charged.

The sun tells of the things you care about and revolve your life around. Mars tells how you carry those things out. Mars and the Sun go hand in hand in directing will, and together show the way you need to go. Scorpio Ascendants are important and Isablel Hickey describes it as the most difficult asc. A scorpio Asc would be more difficult to bear than a Scorpio sun in general. Women may respond more to their moon than their sun just to mention the other sex.

Scorpios ruler is mars, and Scorpio will always try to assert it's stregnth. The mars placement of a Scorpio Sun or ASC. will be more important than usual with a Scorpio Sun, Asc. and a prominantly placed Mars can bring out the warrior in the person.