Which if us are, or wish to be, proffessionals?

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by veinglory, Jun 5, 2004.

1. veinglory

veinglory Member

I aim to become a full time writer and I am working on a book proposal at the moment (non-fiction). Do any of the rest of you which to be writers full-time, part-time or freelance. How do you intend to go about it?

2. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I've been pretty successful with my writing so far.

1. I nearly got published in 2000, but due to contract problems I wasn't able to go through with it.

2. I wrote a bunch of columns for a bunch of websites so people got to see my name.

3. and my movie review website has been noticed by studios and I'm getting free CD's and merchandise to review their movies.

So I think it's pretty good so far.

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Sometime in the next two years I'm planning on being published and/or produced.

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yeah... I want to write and direct screenplays... and books.

Hey terminal how did you get noticed with your reviews? Did you submit them?

5. veinglory

veinglory Member

The best way is to set up your own site. I had a book review site that was going quite well -- got my first free book. Then work rather took over and it went into a slump... Some magazines advertise for reviewers, you don't get paid but do get free stuff.

6. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Can you narrow the question a little bit??? Please? What I mean to say is (Unknown) members in HERE, are: Un-named PROS, or the rest of us wanna-be's. In THAT order.

7. Style

Style Member

I've had pieces of my poetry published four times, but I haven't really been trying to go professional or anything. I just wrote for fun.

8. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

im going to study to be a journalist....over years ill write books.

9. veinglory

veinglory Member

Narrowing the question ignores the reality of writing for money. I have been paid for my work, but not enough to live on. So I am not a pro, or a wanna-be -- I am an in between. This is pretty common given how hard it is to earn a living wage through writing.

10. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

I'm a wannabe.

But seriously, once I've done with my current projecy I'll submit it to a publisher.

Blessings

Sebbi

11. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The way I figure it...I'm just going to keep writing...and writing...and writing. And then after I've passed away my family will discover my work and publish it. Then I won't have to worry about it. Heh...that's the plan at least. lol! :p

12. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

i've thought about it before, and i think i'm going to do it part time, i'd like to go into photography...i use writing for my 'release therapy'