Which Do You Value More ~ Intelligence or Creativity? Why?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Hmmmm, can't imagine I would fit in a pickle... :rolleyes: I guess you never know until you try it though. :D

2. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

i think you should try and then tell me how things went.

3. Soulless||Chaos

I'll get back to you on that. :D (This could take a while.)

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'd rather have intelligent creativity... in my case, I'm never really sure which way I lean.

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

What a cheater, you can't pick both.........it clearly states, if you had to pick one or the other? So, you cheated.
    I would say that Einstein, Da Vinci, Bucky Fuller, and Stephen Hawking were all good examples of people with both qualities in abundance. To me, Van Gogh and Mozart are like the creative masters with no self discipline or control, etc. and Carl Sagan is the high intellect with zero creativity, bores me to death.

You would probably be safer choosing intellect, but creativity has to be more fun! That's more appealing to me.

6. Orsino2

Yeah, but you can't say there isn't intelligence to creativity. That's why I said that. It's not a matter of selfishness, it's who I am and just how I view it. It's impossible for me to answer... you either get that or nothing. :p

7. Orsino2

I am too concerned of the texture of my trousers. :sunglasse

8. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Yeah, but you can't say there isn't intelligence to creativity. That's why I said that. It's not a matter of selfishness, it's who I am and just how I view it. It's impossible for me to answer... you either get that or nothing.
    yes there is, idiot savants... they excel in one artistic or mathmatical area but aren't all there mentally. Ever see "RainMan"? Dustin Hoffman plays such a character in it. There are many that excel in art and music as well as math. lol, I had a tough time twisting on the question too. I had fun debating the matter with friends.

9. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

well?

10. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

yeah, when I was in grade 11 i did a thesis on what exactly is intelligence, it is pretty up in the air. both creativity and intelligence are pretty tough to define, and i agree. To a certain degree, they are entwined.

11. Jalapeno Red

Jalapeno Red Member

Creativity is the evolution of thought(s). Intelligence is the ability to expedite information, Creativity is to me the intellect evolved into a form that bypasses a signifigant amount of conscious cognitive thought and streamlines it more into an intuitive sense.

By my layman's definition Creativity is a higher form of intellect, therefore preferable.

I believe that guys like Einstien had such high forms of intelligence, they were able to "concieve" of that which was way beyond the pool of "knowlegde" that was available at the time.

He had to "create" out of what seemed to be out of thin air such stunningly evolved concepts to what was known at the time. His mind processed at such an incredible efficiency that he did not even know where it all came from.

Of course I am not sure I know what I am talking about.

12. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

You're my hero! I don't know - when i asked people the question in person, sure people had to think about it for a few moments (as i myself had to), but they did finally come to a decision... Perhaps i wasn't clear. I don't know... I guess it's still cool to see what people have had to say even if it wasn't really what i had had in mind... THanks for reading the directions though!!! :p

13. Soulless||Chaos

Actualy, I was shocked by the results. Not what expected at all. It didn't work though, for the most part anyway. Not an experience I would repeat... :rolleyes:

14. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

You have captured the essence of both creativity and intelligence quite effectively with this post.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I dont know anyone who is truelly creative and dumb

but i know heaps of people who are labelled 'smart' but couldnt hypothesise anything past a quote they read in a case study.

If i was choosing between 100% creative and 100% intelligent then id choose creative, caus it would make life interesting, intelligence means nothing if you cant apply it, but creativity can still make the world instereting. at any rate thats a really stupid question caus any person like either extreme would be retarded.

in terms of reality, i look for creativity first, then intelligent but if either is in too much deficite then i wouldnt go out with the person but i can handle less intelligence over less creative ability.

i dont believe anyone without creativtiy can be effective philosophers

16. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

isn't creativity a form of intelligence...?

17. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Some others have already gone where I am going with this.

I choose creativity.

I know some very intelligent people who are dull as dish water, but I don't know any creative people who are dim.

Damn, man! Ya made me think! And now I've got a headache! Who's got some aspirin?

18. hugs4hellokitty

hugs4hellokitty Member

If I had to chose one, I would have to go with creativity. Without the creative endeavors in my life, my intelligence would serve no purpose. It's one thing to know a lot about a lot of things but it's another to actually apply those things to your life. Everything I learn, everything I do is an expression of who I am. Where would intelligence be without creativity? Creativity is about taking risks. It is about making mistakes and finding out who you are in the process. And when you view the world, your life, and the problems that you face in a creative manner, you gain something much more important that intelligence. You gain wisdom.

19. WildChild12843

WildChild12843 Member

I would choose creativity. For no particular reason, I guess. It just appeals to me more.

20. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

I believe creativity to be a product of intelligence in a way.