Which do you prefer over the other one?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by bourne1978, Jan 21, 2019.

1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Do you prefer lasagna over spaghetti? Or do you prefer spaghetti over lasagna?

I had way more damn good spaghetti times than lasagna times. So spaghetti >>> lasagna.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Spaghetti sucks.

3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

gah i can't decide

lasanga i gueess, cause cheese whore

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Depends what kind of spaghetti we're talking about here, not all spaghetti is equal

I make it with a simple tomato sauce with pancetta, garlic, red pepper flakes, then olive oil, salt and pepper on the noodles and pecorino cheese to top it off, and thats it. maybe add some fresh basil if i'm feeling wild. Super simple but it tastes amaazzing and I could eat it every day and usually do make it at least once every 2 weeks. I'll take it over lasagna any day

But I dont really care for spaghetti the way most people make it with the ground meat/tomato sauce. So I would choose lasagna over that

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pasta and sauce is the worst. It's so boring. You can put anything in a lesagne :D

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it depends on my mood. they're both good, but i probably wouldn't order either one at a restaurant.

7. I disagree. I think it's the other way around.
    There's much more variety to pasta&sauce than to lasagne.
    Not every sauce has the same base.
    And is lasagne even lasagne if there's no meat sauce and bechamel, aka always the same things?

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

lasanga cause its like a pizza cake. probably be awesomer with a crust on the bottom ..

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You gotta pour cheese on the top and bottom then cook in aluminium so the cheese gets really crispy and hard without burning. :D

And to me spaghetti is just spaghetti. If all you can do is add different sauces then I can't see the variety? It's still string pasta with a different sauce whereas, lesagne.. I can make lamb, beef, pork, bacon, vegetable, cheese lesagne. I can even adds spaghetti in my lesagne and make a spaglesagne. Q

But you're talking to a girl who's parents found it suitable to act Italian and feed us pasta, every single night, for many years as an entree. I can't do that anymore, Pasta and sauce has run its course for me. The only light at the end of the tunnel was when I had cheese to sprinkle on top.

I've told my parents that too, they killed pasta for me it's only been recent that I do to pasta and pizza shop and find all these creamy pastas that are incredible... I wish that was the pasta we were fed but nope, I've probably eaten tube pasta and Italian sauce for 2000 entrees.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And because of that, I've never had "Italian" food, like an Italian restersunt that wasn't all about the pizza. When someone says they're having Italian, all I think about is tube pasta with a watery tomato sauce and I wouldn't pay for that.

11. Seafood pasta :drools:

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Dafuq is “lesagne”

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's like combining my two worst foods lol. Unless it was calamari, I like calamari. :) I'm probably having children's fish fingers today, need to get some fish in my Diet, but I don't want to taste fish so I figure I'll just burn the fish fingers to a crisp and drown in tomato sauce, I think that'll be a 1st n 10.

14. I don't like those fish fingers. There's no tomato sauce that can kill the weird taste.

How bout a nice salmon fillet?
    Ever tried that?

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's how you spell it in Germany.

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Lasagna without a doubt. Spaghetti is good too but lasagna rules.

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Oh. Didn’t know germans spelled it wrong on purpose. Weird.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I tried swordfish once at a zoo and it was actually really nice so went and bought myself a fillet of barramundi I think it was, and I put it in foil and I cooked it on hot coals in my fire drum with butter and lemon and it was unreal, but when I tried to do it again, it just wasn't the same. I tasted fish. It became the point where I was just trying to swallow it.

My favorite were fish cakes like a potato scallop but fish and then like a crumbed batter. See I can do things like that because I'm also aware there's probably not much fish in them lol.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well this one does, and my auto correct never corrects it, plus I clearly pronounce it.. LEZ-UN-YA
    not La-Zun-Ya.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

We need more details the properly answer your question, OP.

Although since this is in the munches forum, I imagine I would be too impatient to prepare a lasagna when stoned. Soooo, spaghetti?