which city do u dislike the most

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by cipherC, May 4, 2008.

1. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

lol.come to Ireland

2. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

where's detroit at on there? lol its only cool if you know where to go.

but I'D say the shittiest of all cities is l.a/hollywood and..

FLINT,MI lived there downtown, nothing but a wasteland of ghetto and crack

3. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

agreed

4. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

Baltimore.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have no great fondness for any city as a place to live. this is not a matter of animosity however, which i feel would be rather pointless.
    they are places to shop, possibly work, and perhaps go to school. otherwise the have no good reason in our current technologically connected world, to continue to exist.

i would say the least pleasant place i have personally lived was sacramento. partially this was due to climate.
    cultures and landscapes are constantly rebuilding themselves, so go away from some place for ten, fifteen years, and only the climate and some of its more iconic architecture will have remained unchainged, and even that which does, its setting and surrounds will have.

sacramento has redeamed itself as much as it can by building its "light rail" system, but climate of course, is beyond the scope of even major infrastructure projects.
    portland oregon likewise bennifitted greatly by building its. seattle i haven't been to since they built there's. but they did have trolly busses and the monorail.

reno i live in now, and am dissapointed by its lack of computer electronics and scale model building supply venues. its climate still preferable though to california's central valley.
    the only thing i have against ashland oregon is that i didn't get to live there long enough. same goes for eugene and the rural forested areas beyond grants pass.

6. maelstromaz

maelstromaz The more I know, the less I understand.

Oakland, CA. It's an embarrassment to the human race.

7. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Waukesha, WI….a den of conservative prurient education hating knobs whose pass time is throwing turds at the smarter liberal residents of Milwaukee and Madison.

scratcho likes this.
  8. 40somethingMom

40somethingMom Newbie

9. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cities have deteriorated recently. The uptick in crime and narcotics use. The Undocumented everywhere. Such a difference is a short time.

Yes. public transportation is great as long as it is safe.

The ultimate civil right is the right to personal safety.

10. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

New York / Long Island. I think if that whole island broke free of it's moorings and floated out to sea, nobody would miss it. "Oh, it's the greatest city in the world"....just keep telling yourself that.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't tell documented humans from undocumented humans. Quite a talent there. Every human should be documented, otherwise how will those who control keep control.:cool:

12. Xyzlobomb

Xyzlobomb Members

Have really loved Paris,Rome , New York, Singapore
    London is just OK.
    Don't like Manchester

13. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Hard to believe, but Bangkok. The city itself is so dirty and noisy and chaotic. The Palace and temples are sublime, but I avoided the city. Food good everywhere. So many other great places or were... Ko Phangan for one.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Took a bus trip into New York City one time during the Christmas holidays. Never do that again.

upload_2023-11-30_8-34-1.jpeg

skip and ~Zen~ like this.
  15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

San Francisco. Dirty, run down, crowded, terrible traffic and the weather... I am not a fan of fog and cold rain.

16. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Try to find parking there! When you achieve that great feat, you return to find your window broken and everything you left in there gone... (never happened to me, fortunately). And if you do manage to find some parking in a garage you're gonna pay thru the nose. $30 a day sounds about what it was 8 years ago.

wilsjane and ~Zen~ like this.
  17. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

Detroit, New Orleans, and St Louis MO are the top 3 for me. I also avoid highly conservative areas whenever possible

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. Etherea

Etherea Members

Sevilla - it is so fucking up itself!

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Back in my childhood days, my mother used to take me up to Oxford street in central London, to see the lights and look what was on offer at the overpriced shops.
    It was the end part, waiting about an hour in the drizzling rain and then cramming into a crowded bus to get home that I remember the most. :(

MeAgain, Etherea and ~Zen~ like this.
  20. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

A bit like central London at Christmas. All the lowlifes in the surrounding area come out to collect the presents that you have left for them on the seat of the car.
    Since I stopped working in Leicester square in 1987, I have been back twice and that was for friends retirement parties which it would have been rude to miss.

skip and ~Zen~ like this.