Where You Die.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Bilby, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

This week there has been the relocation of the skeletons of some Vietnam vets that were buried overseas to Australia. For a long time I have thought where I die is where my corpse should be disposed of. I like the idea of my corpse being turned into blood&bone fertilizer. Jim Morrison was buried in Paris where he died.He had the right idea.

1 person likes this.
  2. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

What I thought about when I read your thread title was literally where it happens...as in if a person dies in their house.

I've known people that wanted to die in their house "surrounded by loved ones", and I always have wondered wouldn't your loved ones go to the hospital, hospice or where ever to "see you off"??? So you want people to have to remember you died there in that bed...and then most people will want to/need to get rid of it??? oh my

Then I've known those (and I would be in this group) that does not, and would not ever choose to die at home. I don't want to put my loves ones through that!!! I don't want them (my son) to have to worry about calling a 911, a coroner or whatever you have to do. Not only that - I don't want anybody coming here to this house afterward to be thinking - she died here...that's creepy or whatever thoughts would occur. To me, choosing not to die at home is one thing I can spare everybody (as long as I half way think its coming). If I were to KNOW I was going and I was here alone, I believe I'd take a phone out to my animal cemetery and call 911 as late as possible. :)

Of course many people don't get to "choose" but then, with social media and more diseases being discussed and diagnosed, and with technology and science etc etc progressing, more people than ever are aware of when their time is coming and do actually have the opportunity to decide if they want to go other than at home.

3. I'm just the opposite. I want to go at home, hopefully haunt the place for a little while, just long enough so people tell horror stories. And I relish the idea that someone will have to sleep in my death bed. To me that's love.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^ :rofl:

You, neon, are proof positive that one can be very intelligent and very silly...which is a good thing. :D

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

good point. you can die with all your friends and family live on facebook.

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol I KNOW this family that fairly recently had the matriarch of the family die. This matriarch owned a restaurant and worked her family as well as me. I am friends with some of them on facebook. She had cancer, and when she began the downward spiral, almost ALL of them had pictures taken With Her literally on her death bed. There was this dying woman with oxygen things going up into her nostrils and in most of those pics she appeared unconscious. They would be GRINNING AND SMILING as she lay there. :D good grief

I thought they were ghouls before; but, I was 100% certain after this.

She chose to die at home, but for all intents and purposes several of her family members made sure she went out online. smh

1 person likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i doubt very much, that whatever awareness i might have, in the absence of a functioning physical form, will be in any way greately affected, by the disposition of my remains.
    if it were, what about my remains, from the other lives i have lived and died on other worlds?

1 person likes this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'll probably die here... I never go anywhere else.

1 person likes this.
  9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My daddy died at home.

My mother died in a hospice facility.

My brother died alone in the woods.

I don't care where I die but I want my family to be comfortable with it.

2 people like this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i leave no one behind as far as i know, who is likely to be concerned or affected by it. all ground is sacred. so is the sky and the ocean and the vacuum of space beyond the sky as well.

home? my home is a world that may very well exist only in my own mind, but there are bound to be worlds out there more like it then this one.

actually i'm pretty sure it does exist, though its probably not called lananara, and i have no idea what the people who live on it actually look like.

the government or the v.a. or whoever will do whatever they want with my remains anyway, so i see no point in worrying about it.

i just don't see the physical substance of my body as having anything to do with my identity. even now. let alone once it ceases to function.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I hope I die at home doing yard work or washing the car or something mundane. I'm not one for funerals so I have requested that none be held, but a drunken wake would be cool. As far as my body goes I would like it to be donated to medical science. If anyone else is interested in doing this I suggest getting some information from LifeLegacy.

http://www.lifelegacy.org/

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

id prefer some highway crash with fire and explosions

had enough suffering in life i dont need to waste away at home or hospice

dont really care whats done with whats left...burn me or woodchipper... and spread me in the wilderness ...do it the cheapest way possible the undertakers family is already rich enough thieves