Where would you live?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by la Principessa, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm still searching for Old Florida

Every town i've visited in Florida has been too commercial (e.g Orlando), too trashy (e.g Daytona Beach) or just dull and, to quote YFM, uninspiring

Miami was okay, it was a vibrant and colorful place. Not somewhere I would want to live though

YouFreeMe likes this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Also i'm not a fan of Florida weather. We have humidity here but Florida's humidity is extra
    And i like seasons
    Although when I visited Miami I was on South Beach on New Years Eve and it was 80F. That was pretty nice, i must say

3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

One of the things i liked about where i lived in Florida was that it wasn't too touristy.

Miami is beautiful to visit but i wouldn't recommend living there unless you have a shit load of money. Otherwise you'll likely end up living in a neighborhood full of drugs, prostitution, and crime.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Daytona Beach would be good for me.

5. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Most people only like the rich areas, which are also where the tourists go. I mean I was born in Hollywood and they're trying to make it upscale and build huge high rise condos, but the fact is that it's still overpriced for year round residents to live there, and it's full of homeless people. I have no problem with them, but they do sometimes harass you.

Florida is better as solely a tourist attraction because they don't take care of their residents who live here, pay their taxes here, and spend money here all year round.

About the hurricanes though...I mean yeah they're bad but last year all Irma really did was knock down our back fence. If you have hurricane shutters, you're okay. Just don't live in the beach because that's where it's the worst.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hell, i thought the beach and the weather were enough of an endorsement. you didn't need to add all the other fun stuff.

la Principessa likes this.
  7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Just adds a bit of spice to it all. Thank God for crime. :p

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Anywhere away from these fucking people who harass me

Anywhere I don't have to wear earplugs which are slowly making me deaf

Anywhere away from the macho goon thugs you get beat if you don't look 'em in the eye you get beat if you do look 'em in the eye

I don't care where I am 'cause I travel in my mind I just want to be around civilized people

Behave like animals you should get treated like animals no sociological excuses

Lol I'm losing it here I love you guys whasup nigga a I'll take an eighth of weed yo Irv Gotti's the Man it's all about the game G my grind is flow chill af

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who's harassing you, Ged?

10. This.
    So much this.

11. lion1978

lion1978 The King

Nangijala

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I've been gang-stalked for a number of years now. But things are improving as I have seemed to have proved my worth with them and they are largely leaving me alone now. Still it has been very intrusive and harrowing at times. Thanks for asking. These things do happen.

Asmodean likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

mountains+trees+trains = me happy

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

And two months later, this post is obsolete.

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So... You're moving?

16. Noserider

Someday. That's the plan. Gotta get outta the city into some of that rugged coastline.

la Principessa and Tyrsonswood like this.
  17. la Principessa

Just don't go to North Carolina just yet. They're about to get hit with a Category 4 hurricane.

18. Noserider

Nah, opposite coast. I want to live in Northern California. OMG the most beautiful scenery ever!

themnax likes this.
  19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

thanks. i grew up there.
    on the western slope of the sierras, along the railroad and highways between sacramento and reno.
    mostly in the little towns of colfax, auburn and truckee.

north of colfax, once connected to the big railraod there, by a narrow gauge, are the towns of grass valley and nevada city.
    these i've visited many times but never lived in either of them.

the entire northern sierras are what in most ways i consider my home.

but i'm not so sure, if i could live anywhere i wanted on this planet, it would be anywhere in what is currently the u.s.

not that political boundries would have as much to do with it,
    as the cultures and perspectives of the people who live there, the lay of the land, and the nature of public infrastructure.

so canada and new zealand both appeal to me,
    as does the idea of a world, in which nations and their boundries as we know them, will have disappeard.

"would" meaning what? under what circumstances.

would if i could simply magically relocate any place i felt like it?
    or would if i had to flee a u.s. becoming an outright and unambiguous tyranny,
    with what, like any refugee, i could carry on my back?
    would if i were rich enough,
    that relocating would be no more difficult or inconvenient if by shere magic i could.

would in the sense of, if i live enough longer i just might anyway?

any place with mountains and trees and people who don't hate logic, nor worship money and cars, if there were such a place,
    even on a planet circling some other sun, if i could get there and breathe the air, or be surgically altered to be able to.

or if i could choose what kind of a world to be born into in my next life.

i can describe what i would want a place to be like.
    for me, this has more meaning then to simply name any one physical place,
    even among those that are known to me.

20. la Principessa

I really meant it as if you had the money and ability to relocate wherever you want. I kind of like Norway, I would love to see it. I might feel differently when I go to Ireland next year. My friend owns a few companies and he's already offered to give us (meaning my girlfriend and I) jobs as a way to convince us to move there lol

Irminsul likes this.