Where Will Al-Queda Strike Next?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, May 26, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

What do you think their strategy is for the next round, due before the presidential elections? Where will they strike & using what weapons/methodology?

My guestimate:
    Multiple strikes at major cities including

NYC (they seem to like hitting NY),
    Washington DC (cause they messed up last time)
    Las Vegas (sin city is a natural target for religious zealots)
    San Diego/LA (huge military presence there & with the surrounding mountains air is trapped and can be deadly - and that's just the smog!)
    Houston (this one's just for Bush)

Methods:
    Word is out they are trying to combine multiple weapons to make it more difficult to counteract the effects. Like chemical/biological or nuclear.

I think they really want to do something so spectacular that 9/11 will be nearly forgotten in the aftermath.

It seems they must be gearing up because all their American operatives have been totally inactive since 9/11. So they are saving them for the big one.

I really believe that Bin-Laden wants to start a war between Islam & Christianity. That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't that Cheney & Rumsfeld & Asscrack all want it too!!!

Armageddon 2012...

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

There's a BIG possiblity they won't.
    The reason? They know America won't let down their security right before the big day. If anything, America is going to tighten its security systems, letting not so much as a bird fly the border without a full cavity search.
    You don't think America wants to endanger Dubya, do you?

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i thin kif they REALLY wanna fuck with the american psyche, they'll target a number of heartland small communities that have oil and gas lines or provide power for an extended area. not only will they be striking at the supposed heart of the usa, but they'll let it be known that they're willing to go after the little guys, too. right now, people in small town usa feel pretty safe, terrorists ony wan those big cities. if they go after the small towns, no one will ever feel safe again.

4. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Might be more useful to ask where the CIA or Mossad might strike next in order to blame it on Al Qaeda (their pet Emmanuel Goldstein) to reinvigorate unquestioning public support for the Pentagon's next planned conquest.

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

We do seem to be on target for the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012.

As I've metioned before, I am amazed that the US hasn't been hit internally since 9-11.

Makes me think twice about my plan to visit friends in New York over the July 4th holiday.

6. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I agree with KC.

I dont think the target will be a big flashy city like NYC or LA.

it will be a smaller city that has more resources to offer.

I live here...Cleveland would actually be a good target.

we have one of North America's largest steel plants. We are one of the the USA's largest ports on the great lakes.We have the largest salt mines and plants in the country. Major electrical and gas lines run through us.

Cleveland is also home to some of the most elite hospital and universities in the world.not to mention museums and zoos.

on an economic/stock market level.....Key Tower in Downtown Cleveland is the second in command for Key Corp international.

and during 9-11..when the towers fell...Key Tower became the number one headquarters until NYC replaced it's branch.

we are a small city...WTC prodced 3000 deaths...hitting our buildings would only produce a few hundred.maybe more because unlike the bigger cities we wont be truly expecting the hit.

They may very well attack a place like Nebraska though..napalm our corn,wheat,and soy fields....drop poison into the rivers.

I dont think it will be another megalomaniacal city though.

7. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

What they'd really do if they had any sense would be to blow up some of the largest malls in the country simultaneously, maybe around 12 noon on a Saturday. Malls have almost no security, the big ones (like mall of america) are populated by thousands at any one time, a nondescript person could leave a bomb in a bathroom, under a table in a food court, a gap changing room - wherever. I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

I used to live in PA, near Three Mile Island, which was terrifying. There was an incident where a guy and his son took a boat out there a couple months after 9/11 and were just walking around, hanging out for hours before the "security" people even noticed them. They also did a simulation where people came in and tried to "take over" TMI to see what the danger was. I think it took them 9 minutes. Pathetic.

8. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

malls.that's an interesting idea.

they'd definitely flame up fast from all the hair spray.

9. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

10. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yeah, it would target not only western meterialism, but also our children.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I have a feeling that the next attack is going to involve chemical or biological weapons, or perhaps a combination of both that has been described by some as a "red mercury bomb."

There are several psychics and remote viewers that have predicted that between 2005 and 2006 one of these so-called red mercury bombs will be detonated in Washington DC and Baltimore. Of course not everyone believes in psychics and remote viewers, though it is interesting that some of these people have predicted other events which have occured in recent history, and many of them have reported the same - or very similar - things.

Aside from biological weapons, I think few people consider that a "dirty bomb" might not necessarily be the only means of a bio attack. A person could easily be injected with smallpox, then sent over via airplane, allowing the disease to spread through a natural, less detectable means.

There is also talk that we could be hit by a more high-tech means, involving an attack on the internet or an attack on the power grids. The affect that such attacks would have on the already unstable economy would be absolutely horrendous.

So I think that where the will attacks occur is less important than how they will occur. There is no doubt that something big is going to happen eventually and that a lot of people will be killed. I think whatever it will be will have a much larger impact on the country as a whole than the events of 9-11 did, because more people will be affected directly.

12. skip

Damn, I forgot to mention the thing that got me going on this thread in the first place!

I'd read somewhere that Al-Quaida is hoping to kill 4 million Americans.

So I think the targets will be big with lots of people nearby.

Oil facilities along coastlines are possibly the best targets now that I think about it. They've been targeting oil facilities in Iraq. But I'm also thinking nuclear too. But for that they'd probably need a nice big jet.

Hey, how wise is it to be dreaming up these scenarios? I bet this kind of thing was frowned upon during WWII.

For one thing it encourages the "enemy" and gives them ideas they might not have had. Basically we could be giving out strategic info. Maybe not anything secret, but local "intel" anyway.

Secondly it can cause panic if a certain scenario seems real likely.

But one would hope the US is prepared for whatever we can think of. (Yeah, big right!)

13. skip

BTW, notice how suddenly as Bush's popularity is plummeting, they're ratcheting up the paranoia levels with warnings, that are so non-specific, they serve absolute NO purpose other than to scare people.

Bush is starting to get desperate now!

14. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I'm sure they *hope* to kill 300 million Americans! 4 million? No chance. They slaughtered 3,000 on 9/11 because they got lucky. It's unlikely anything on that scale could be replicated without years of planning, starting again from scratch, if at all.

As for a CBRN attack - how? Where would they get the material? That's pretty unlikely, terrorists don't have access to the advanced technology necessary to develop and deliver an effective WMD of any kind. Only nation-states have that kind of technology and knowhow.

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

How can you say that with such conviction? What about a large-scale bio/nuclear attack? That is not out of the question at all.

16. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

It's proven that 9/11 took years of planning, including sleeper agents living in the US, and hundreds of thousands of dollars. With what do you disagree?

As for the bio-nuclear theory, I think I answered that in the above post ... the likelihood of such an attack has not increased just because WMDs have been on the agenda so much with Iraq in the news...