Where to get coorderoy fabric?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Pluto, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Pluto

Pluto Member

I want to get a bunch of small pieces of diffrent colored cord fabric to make some patchwork side panels. Is there a online store that caters to patchwork crafters? Tell me where you get your fabric. Thanks!

2. Cre

Cre Senior Member

ebay or thrift shops..if you are looking for cord pieces/scraps for patchwork ... look for corduroy pants and cut em up!

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i get a ton of old cord pants at thrift shops for $1 a pair and cut them up....... Sometimes Joanned or wal mart have cord on sell for $1 or $2 a yard around the summer and spring times since they are selling out all the heavy fabrics =) I am sure they are getting new cord in now, but since fall is coming up it is probly more expensive

4. LostCove

LostCove Member

Thrift stores or maybe strike up trades if you're just looking for small amounts. ;)

5. kayte

kayte Member

i sell squares of pre-cut cord...sort of pre-made patches for patchie items...email me if you're interested, perhaps we could set something up...seems like over the years i've collected way to much material!

6. Cre

Cre Senior Member

one can never have too much material :eek: