Where is the outrage from the Arab community???

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chongo Blanco, May 11, 2004.

1. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

Probably because they don't give a shit about Americans except when they want something. And before you all can say it here it goes.....

Well all American wants is oil.

I'll say it again. Do you have any idea how much fucking oil we would need to just pay for the war alone??????

2. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Outrage about WHAT? I'd say most Arabs are pretty freaking outraged about being rounded up like animals, held without legal representation, watching as the Bush regime illegally invaded a sovereign nation against the will of the planet, and sat by for a YEAR while they knew about Iraqis being abused, tortured, raped and murdered.

Yes, I'd say they -like most of the world - are completely OUTRAGED. I know I am.

3. Mari

Mari Member

If you could let us know exactly what you are referring to, you might get a proper answer because at the moment there are a few things Arabs are plenty mad about.

4. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

I was referring to the decapitaion of the American citizen.

Who says marijuana affects memory.;)

5. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you have any idea how much fucking oil we would need to just pay for the war alone??????

You sound like me a year ago :)

I think what you're suggesting is that the 78 billion plus the 87 billion we've spent so far- and the 25 billion more we'll need soon- is greater than the value of the oil in Iraq. I'm sure you're right- it's simply not worth it to America, not for the value of the oil.

A relatively small number of people- Dick Cheney being one of them- are personally making millions on this war, and they're not even bearing the expenses. In fact, to them it's not even an inconvenience.

If you could get someone else to buy you some land, develop it with a business, and pay every last dime of expenses, you're not going to pass up that opportunity.

Nor did Dick.

Next, I expect, you'll present this argument:

"If we wanted their oil we would have taken it during the first Gulf War."

To anyone that's at all familiar with logic, the fallacy quickly becomes glaringly obvious. But my question to you is this: Can you name it?

6. Mari

Mari Member

So I've heard...is that what happened?

I'm not saying it's right, I think it is totally disgusting, and I think that the people that did this need to be brought up on charges just as those American soldiers were. However...do you even understand WHY this was done? His blood is not only on the hands of those that did this it is also on the hands of the American's running that prison and who ever else condoned what was going on in there.

In Arab society pride is sometimes more important than life. I don't think that most people over here truly understand how bad those pictures were to an Arab. Those soldiers not only humiliated those prisoners, but they humiliated all Arabs no matter where they live. Sexuality is something very private to these people and what happened in that prison was the utimate humiliation. I hate to say it but honestly if those prisoners had been killed or tortured to death it might not have been so bad. In the end all it did was incite more hatred for the American people. :(

The Red Cross reported to these abuses to the coalition forces and requested that they make changes to the way prisoners were treated long before any of this came to light in the media. Obviously they were ignored, and you want Arabs to speak out right away? Why? Is one more right than the other?

[url="http://www.icrc.org/Web/eng/s...nsf/iwpList4/7B39222647D50758C1256E8D0054B21D[/url]

7. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

To suggest there is something wrong with the Iraqis for retaliating against 12 long years of brutal US maintained sanctions, countless quantities of depleted uranium and the resultant radiation poisoning, birth defects and increased infant mortality, lack of even basic utilities, continuous bombardment and topped off with a full scale invasion and occupation (with all its resultant brutality and disregard for Iraqi self-determination) all sold as "liberation", i challenge you to stand aside and do nothing when your home and family is killed, brutalised or imprisoned without charge.

Time for my fellow countrymen to educate themselves to the true face we have shown the world both in this and numerous other conflicts over the past half century. Maybe then they might demonstrate some intellectual honesty on world affairs.

8. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Actually , Havent you people noticed a HUGE increase in the price for gas lately?, After WWII , Oil prices went from $4 dollars a barrel, to $8, Then $16 And finally $20 in 1980, from then untill now the price has risen close to $40 dollars a barrel. In the US we use close to 65 billion dollars worth of oil a year, and if we dont get the oil from those countries we will run short of the supply we need. But if we do gain control over there(haha) we could reduce the prices, saving the US Billons And Billions of dollars that would otherwise be wasted on the forever rising costs of oil, which COULD Thenbe used for other things back home here.
    ^
    \\------But even if we saved that $$, they wouldn't use it for us

9. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

A heinous as that video is, let us remember that this man, of his own volition, walked into a conflict area with known resistance on the increase. The risk and responsibility was all his own. The Iraqis we've killed and brutalised didn't bring their brutality to OUR soil, we brought ours to THEIRS.

10. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

True, Where do we (the Americans) get off condeming what they do to us, when we are doing Some of the same shit to them?

11. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

The terrorist taking credit for beheading is the same club that did 9-11.

The flawed Islamic radicals view of how they would have the world change will not prevail.

OPEC controls the price of oil and it’s over $40 a barrel now. OPEC stated “ideal price” is $25 a barrel. They want the world economy to be bad in Nov. so GWB will lose and leave Iraq to the battling factions.

Iraqis were not harmed by oil for food. Sadam building palaces and bombs with the oil for food harmed them. Iraqi self-determination would be the people bombing police and school children running the government should we leave.

If information cannot be retrieved from prisoners then why have prisoners. Undo abuse is wrong but not all interrogation and detention is a bad thing. The alternative is to just kill them instead of capture them.

Changeyourlatitude

12. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

"Probably because they don't give a shit about Americans except when they want something.".....Chongo Blanco

I tend to agree with this comment (this goes for other countries as well), although I firmly believe that our soldiers need to be brought home. This wasn't a war that most American's wanted. Some retalliation was needed for the 9/11 tragedy, but not the way Bushole has been doing it. 9/11 is barely mentioned anymore. Many countries dislike America, but would love the American way of life. As a political nation, American politicians and laws makers are scum, this is just my opinion. Other countries like the "illusion" of the freedoms we seem to have, not realising that we are now a "police nation".

We should have NEVER went to the middle east to fight............Now more mother's and father's are going to be seeing their kids come home in bags. Thank you Mr. Bush for deciding the fate of people you don't or will NEVER even know.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers, it is censored, just like Vietnam.

13. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

There Once was a Man named Saddam
    We thought had a nuclear Bomb
    So we started a war
    Few americans were for
    And now it's our new vietnam

14. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

First off, there is no proof that Zarqawi has anything whatsoever to do with this other than the fact someone put his name on the website. Audio analysts even doubt highly that it is his voice on the tape.

You also conveniently subscribe to typical Fox News style blurring of distinct issues. Noone in Iraq has any remote connection to 9/11, not prior to the invasion, not now.

Islamic fundamentalism is far less a credible threat to global security than our unchecked unilateralist aggression and monolithic war machine, which we use to plunder whatever country refuses to bow to our corporate interests. This is the REAL and present threat to the world.

As for the oil for food program, well you obviously have done zero research and are merely spouting your opinion, not fact. The sanctions which we pushed the UN into imposing (so as to have a handy scapegoat for whatever blame may be levelled for the resulting humanitarian crisis) and which we maintained despite calls for lifting them did enormous harm to the Iraqi people.

Im increasingly hoping that one day all our rabid warmongers will be forced to undergo the very brutality we impose on others and then let us hear them excuse our actions. Hypocrites!

15. SelfStyled

SelfStyled Banned

Erm why should there be outrage?

The scum of the earth aka the Bxsh regime and predecessors are responsible for the deaths of millions of arabs.

- war crimes , selling chemical weapons , uranium posioning , preventing medicines entering , carpet bombning , placing evil dictators in eg Saudi and Kuwait etc etc.

The real shame is that there aint enought KKK types being sent back to America in body bags.

American people have killed well over 80 000 Arabs in bombings alone.
    Add the uranium and the medicine blockages deaths and u're talking a genocide.

One rat ( very likely a mercenary) chasing his filthy lucre in a country that was subject to mass , American state terrorism ?
    Hmmm vs tens , hundreds of thousands , millions even killed in Iraq in 15 years.

Oh I forgot Fox news only counts Americans as important...

What would u have to say if America was invaded by China and was full of waves of Chinese profiteering from rebuilding a water supply that has been decimated by years of bribe induced economic blockage?

Nope , wouldnt like it would u?

16. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why beheading one guy who was part of an illegal invasion and occupation is somehow WORSE than slaughtering tens of thousands of innocent human beings in the name of greed. I suspect the answer is simply that one "Ahmerrrikkkan" life is worth thousands of lives in the third world - at least to the average american.

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

laughing willow, we as a nation have to provoke others just to get them to retaliate so that we have just means into going to war with the country. So, now that we have physical evidence that the iraqis hate us with the beheading of an innocent civilian, we have just means to hate the arab world and bomb the shit out of them. all for freedom and oil.

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

Isn't this subforum for liberals only

[​IMG]

19. Chongo Blanco

Chongo Blanco Banned

Who says I'm not liberal. Maybe I'm liberal that believes in the truth.

20. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

"I'll say it again. Do you have any idea how much fucking oil we would need to just pay for the war alone??????"

The war was paid for by american taxpayer dollars.

The profit for the oil goes to a few corporations.

The people who profit from this only have to pay campaign funds.