Where is the Bible?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Art Delfo, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

A while ago the Conservatives christains held "Justice Sunday II"

Now you would think that they would talk about God and Jesus and the Good News of Christ.

NO!!!!!!

They talked about politics!The bible says to not have Idols before God but through out the they showed the american flag. They complain that "The Supream court is passing laws that allow sin*tear" So what!Let them sin.You can try to win over non beleavers with the word of God.But you can not force it on them by trying to manipualte the goverment.You should be loyal to the kingdom of Christ but no insted they rather be loyal to America.

All it was about was goverment.I gess it is just more interesting then actually learing how to be a better christain.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ONLY AMERICA:rolleyes:

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

One of the things that makes Christianity unique is that historically it was the first religion to actively seek political power in order to impose it's doctrines on the masses.

Looks like that hasn't changed.

3. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Wow, they're disobaying their Bible than.
    It says to obay your masters, those people are rebellious then...

4. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Sorta hard to rebel against God.

5. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

that's very interesting. but surely, in ancient times,
    it was a given that religion and politics and science and philosophy and all-things, went hand in hand.
    only nowadays do we tackle these issues separately, and with different methods.
    we tackle science with reason, we tackle god with faith, we tackle philosophy with wonder, and we are divided on how to tackle politics.
    do you have any more information on christianity being the first religious-political power? i'd be interested in reading on that.

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

In most ancient cultures politics and religion were interwoven to some degree, they were different aspects of the same culture that grew along with and helped define those cultures; exp. the spirtiual and temporal history of Isreal is the same story.

The thing that sets Christianity apart is that it rose from cult status (in ancient Rome, a place with alot of cults) to completely overrun an empire who's creation it had nothing to do with.

In most cultures religion could be seen as part of that cultures historic DNA.
    Christianities takeover of Rome more closely resembles the spread of a virus.

Historically speaking it's spread much more closely resembles that of a political belief system than a spiritual one.

Like I said this seems to be an historic first (although it wasn't the last).

You can either read up on Roman history or early christian history. after a point (towrds the end of the 3rd cent CE) it's the practically the same story.

7. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Just thought I should clarify, everything I said in my last post was about Catholisim and the watered down versions of such that rose up later.

It doesn't necassarily have to reflect on the basic belief itself.