Where have all the hippies gone?

Discussion in 'Hip Arts and Culture' started by ~Zen~, Aug 16, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Dreamer Administrator

I am glad you got to a Rainbow gathering... must have changed your life for the better!

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

At three years old, I fell down the stairs and was in a coma for a week. The brain damage was extensive, and I was then abused by my parents for years, and almost died during puberty from all the brain damage. It would be another decade at least, before my hands would stop shaking all the time, and my brain started to work a bit better, and I had chronic PTSD and insomnia that prevented me from holding a job, other than manual labor that could tire me out enough for me to sleep. I didn't have a life before the Rainbow.

MeAgain and ~Zen~ like this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If humanity lived the lifestyle that Rosycheeks described as she recalls -----90 % of the world's problems would not exist. Scientific , medical and educational advances should / could be for the benefit of humanity and not for the enrichment of a few. After the chaos, maybe those left will regress in the ways that are so destructive to the only home we'll ever have.

( and if anyone doesn't think that an inevitable , horrendous period of world wide chaos and destruction is not in the cards---mores the pity.)

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Dreamer Administrator

I am glad you are here with us at least :)

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

When I was five years old I decided if there is a God, I'd spit in his face, and tell him I'm not amused at what he does for entertainment, throwing me into the deep end of the pool without so much as a floatation device. It required another fifty years, but I discovered it was my karma, and you have to be careful what you wish for. When I mastered the analog logic of the Tao Te Ching, mother nature told me to teach my philosophy, but I didn't have one, so I thought it best to make something up.

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all that sex made lots of babies. having lots of babies turned them into plumbers, auto mechanics and 9 to 5 suits.

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. cohikr68

cohikr68 Members

Some of us remain in plain site disguised as normal folks...it's not the look for me....it's what's in your heart. The time that formed the person I am was the time I hung with flower children/hippies and looked at peace and justice as an alternative to the chaos, anger and hate. Not sure how well that all worked out looking at things today. But we carry on.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. sandybrooke

sandybrooke Members

They grew up and became republicans!

11. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

When I last went to SF in 2016, I saw plenty of older ones.