Where do you study?

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by ImmortalDissident, May 23, 2004.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I've been trying to find a place for the past couple years where I can study in peace. I can't do the library because it is way too loud and there are way too many distractions, like the thousands of books that are way more interesting than chemistry. So, where do you go? I'm entertaining the idea of going up to one of the nearby mountains. They've got picnic benches at the base... or if i really had all day, I could climb to the top then work up there. Hmm..

2. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I try and study anywhere I know will not have any distractions. This proves to be rather difficult a lot of the time, but most of the time I just try to go to a section of my house that is isolated. No tv's are on, no other people are there, that sorta thing.

3. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

The best place I've found for me is the library. I just take my iPod and put on some trance music. I typically try and listen to music that doesn't have too many vocals. The music provides a constant noise so that I don't get distracted by other things.

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

best place i went last year to do some real studying was at the Chapel. just had to know when to go there. freshman sleep there during the day, so once you could figure out the quiet times and when us freshman weren't napping there, then it was the best place to study for me.

when i couldn't go there, the 4th floor of the library was key.

5. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

When I was in school, the best place for me to study was the lounge in my suite. I didn't have the distractions of my room, and it was a place where I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep.

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

I study in my mind. which, really, means everyhere.

7. rdfleece27

rdfleece27 Member

studying in the mountains...geez..you're really committed to that hippy thing eh? heh. just go to the library. you find it that hard to keep your hands off of the books that much? heh. sit in a little study carrel thing or something if it is really tht hard.