where do you go to download rare music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Carlfloydfan, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Alright, my school just banned soulseek so I lost my means to getting really rare music. Stuff like Korni Grupa, Rahmann and Dr. Z. Now don't get me wrong, I buy cds whenever I find something fairly rare, like Gong or something - I buy it. But prog is not all to popular in stores where I go to, so rare stuff is impossible to find, and is not cheap if you find it somehow (not likely). So being a college student I just d/l the ultra rare stuff, like Arzachel. And soulseek was the perfect place but its banned by the school. Anywhere else to find ultra rare prog that you know of?

2. gnombient

gnombient Member

Try Direct Connect, sometimes prog rooms will pop up here and there. I've found a few live early-70s Gong boots, live Van Der Graaf Generator, etc. Maybe not obscure enough for ye, but it's worth a shot. I'm trying to remember where I downloaded that Arzachel album, I think it was on Audiogalaxy years ago... That doesn't really help much though, does it? ;)

PS: bummer about yr school vs. Soulseek, I just got turned on to that one recently...

3. Carlfloydfan

Direct Connect is okay. anything else?

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I use bearshare and soulseek, but I've found that there's much more music on soulseek, especially rare stuff, but I dont think the same kinda rare that you mean :p

5. Carlfloydfan

hmmm...don't you have to pay for bear share? I liked soulsekk cause it was free and you were asured of getting rare stuff. I don't want to pay and than realize that all you can get is eminem or spears or something...

or at least something with a trial period that doesn't make you add a credit card...cause those always screw me over...I forget to cancel the trial when its over and get forced to pay for something I may not want cause a lot of programs make you input a cc even for free trails.

6. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

the serive i use is eMule Plus. i find a lot of stuff on there that i can't find anywhere else.

7. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Various bittorrent sites. It can be hard to find good sites, though.