Where do you get your news from?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beachbum7, May 24, 2004.

1. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'd like to know where your get your "news" (the serious news, which for me, as I much as I love sports, it doesn't count as serious news). Since I got the 'net on my computer, I usually don't watch the news on 10 pm each weeknight (which, by the way, does come in English). I usually go to the BBC's website (www.bbc.co.uk), since I think that's a great news website. I also take a lot at the independent media, such as AlterNet (www.alternet.org) and the The Nation (www.thenation.com), since I think they're good sites for news, and I can hear about things not picked up by the mainstream media.

2. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

I'd still say those are pretty mainstream. Some forums have great news, check out 'media traders' over here:

www.guerrillanews.com/forum

also:

www.propagandamatrix.com

Meh... can't be fucked to type out a hundred links.

Go here http://www.konformist.com/ and look towards the bottom, you'll have all the underground links you'll need. Enjoy, and don't let your brain explode :D

But i'd advise checking out the first forum as you have the ability to post anonymously concerning any of the cited sources. Cheers

3. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

NPR when I'm driving to work in the morning.....I like watching BBC World News at night sometimes....I work at a newspaper so I have access to The Associated Press and Knight Ridder Newspaper wire services....

4. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I get my news mostly from google and newstran.

My morning routine lately has been to check cnn, fox news, and drudge. I also listen to the news on the radio in the morning.

Then as time permits, I go to google and newstran and research the stories that interest me.

5. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

google eh?

www.google-watch.org

I have a lot more websites but i'd rather let much more capable and time-free people do the hard work for me at: www.guerrillanews.com/forum ---> Media-traders

of course, there are some psychos on there, but don't mind them. They tend to stay in the conspiratorial section. ;)

6. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

forgot to mention that i enjoy reading the chicago tribune immensely....

7. Maverick

Maverick Banned

When I'm eating, I usually watch the news channels. If I watch TV, I flip through the news. I don't get my news from online, don't trust it. Research online is good, but not news.

8. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i try to get it from a variety of sources, try to get different perspectives on the same story if possible. i don't trust reporters to keep a neutral stance, so on the major topics, i try to get more than one view. i don't like being given a skewed and limited concept of what's going on, that leads to flawed logic.

10. bluegill

bluegill Member

i like CNN followed by msnbc, i like to watch fox just to see what kind of 1-sided bullshit they will say next, but i usually just watch CNN, or read it on the net.....fox news is a joke

11. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i actually make mine up. its been about fifteen years and i dont think anyones caught on yet.

12. mynameiskc

lol. i watch cnn for the same reason you watch fox.

13. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Clintons News Network

14. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Thought it was the Communist News Network.

15. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I get my news from Bill O'Reilly

16. mynameiskc

who's o'reilly?

17. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member