Where did you go barefoot today?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Sax_Machine, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnairb

dnairb Member

Bus into to town, some shopping, then the same back home.
    I left wet footprints on some footpaths as it was raining a little, and there were a few puddles (which I just had to walk through)

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

@ the moment i seem to have misplaced my socks :)

3. dnairb

dnairb Member

Another good day barefooting: bus to the train station, train to Reading, WHSmith and Waterstones (no challenges) and back home. Rained a little, and again I just had to walk through some puddles leaving wet footprints on the dryer ground.

Had a few looks, and saw a couple of teenage boys talking and looking at me as I waited at the station for a train back to Slough. I just smiled at them, and they walked away.

No other bare feet in sight.

4. barefoot peter

barefoot peter Member

Yesterday a 3 mile hike through the woods, today my workout at the gym - as alawys barefoot and even a couple of the trainers are barefoot sometimes - then the farmers' market

5. Dude111

Barefoot is what i like to do which is why i am again BARFOOT now :)

6. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Me too! :sunny:

7. dooberblaze

dooberblaze Member

Walked my Aunt's dog that I was dogsitting through my usual morning jog route. It's kinda peculiar. A dog seems to have minimized the stares and/or negative comments(Which I rarely ever get anyway.) and increased comments pertaining the Dog (Breed, Age, feeding habit, activities) and sorta turned the attention away from my bare feet.

The last pair of socks I have were from when I was in pre-school. I doubt they fit me anymore, but I'm 100% fine with that!

8. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Spent yesterday at a huge military vehicle show. Took no footwear.:)

9. dnairb

dnairb Member

Another great day barefooting in London, walking around various bookshops, trying to find a few particular books.
    Also went to the Terra Plana store in Covent Garden - had a few nice words regarding my bare feet, and bought a pair of Vivo Barefoot running shoes. I plan to use them running, mainly to get the technique right, and then gradually build up to running completely barefoot.

10. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

Just checked out Vivo and OMG $$$$! How can they be so expensive when there's so little to them? $100-$150 US? Jeeeez

11. dnairb

dnairb Member

Walked home from work barefoot today - my feet smiled because they had been locked in heavy steel-toe-capped safety shoes all day. The pavements were quite warm after sunshine most of the day; an altogether not unpleasant walk.

It was hard putting the safety shoes on this morning; I had been off work for a week, chilling out, most of which I spent barefoot.

12. Matje

Matje Member

Went to a hardware store across the border (Germany). Got my first comment in Germany today, never happened before. Offcourse it was from a Dutch guy...

Back in Holland I went to a garden center to buy some plants. After that I walked a 2 kilometres hiking trail.

13. dnairb

dnairb Member

I just popped out to a local shop to get some supplies (I needed chocolate!). As I was waiting to cross a road, a car passed me; the driver seemed to be more interested in my bare feet than the traffic ahead of him and he nearly collided with a car in front. Needless to say: I laughed!

14. 2barefeet

2barefeet Member

Just got back from the pub. Always a few grokels in during the holiday season who give me a few odd looks but the locals are used to me and my foot jewellery. :)

15. 1goof

1goof Member

I went to the laundramat, drugstore, donut shop,and uppermarket barefoot today all barefoot.:]

16. Moe420

Moe420 Banned

Wal-mart and goodwill and family video and the post office and the Chinese restaurant and yesterday at work some guy was like "did you know you ain't got no shoes on?" and I said :eek: WHAT?! I just had them?! Who took them?!, and he looked at me funny and left. Hee hee

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

spent the morning in town, at some time i was sweating my ass off while standing in a queue at the Bank and a small child in rubber flip flops was staring at me, then (predictably!) started bothering his mother «my feet are SOOO sweaty, mom, can i please take off my slippers ?» she pretended she didnt hear, so the kid insisted, and took off one slipper to illustrate the concept, but was rudely ordered to slip back on the damned plastic shoe (he had quite a point, plastic soles suck) . too bad that he didn't ask mother 'why this guy can go round shoeless then and I may not', that would have been so damn fun to listen.

18. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

I've only gone barefoot a few times this summer so far.
    Today walked sans shoes into the
    liquor store and bought some
    wine.
    Came back home
    and started getting stoned.

19. Dude111

I am barefoot guys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.