where did hallucinogens lead you?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by rustwireinbrick, Jun 9, 2006.

1. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Because it's a public forum and the OP may only think people are one of those three choices. So why not choose #2 like I did? Becuase I also think the chices on this thread are stupid.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Because obviously the thread was supposed to be about where did psychdellics lead you in your opinion on god.

3. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

not many choices

4. Gdeadhead420

Gdeadhead420 DivineMomentsofTruth

phsychadelics can lead to realizations and all that and i know from experience, but i don't think that the use of them should be something that should decide something so large as a belief in god or not. Physchadelics are amazing, terrifying, and can help you realize new things (or atleast make you think you've realized something) but the high you get is still not real life. I agree that a already spiritual being can use Phsychadelics to achieve another level of spirituality if desired but that deals with your perception, and what you are searching for.

For those whose beliefs have been changed from non believers to believers due to physchadelics: It is the drug altering your mind and helping you concieve and realize these new things, not God. Though i am a non believer i think that if you are looking for proof of God, look to the beautifull things in the world...the ocean...the forests...the mountains, not some acid trip.

This is just my opinion, sorry if that offends anyone i do not mean to argue

5. prismatism

prismatism loves you

hm. i disagree. i won't speak for everyone, i'll just say what i think.

god is not limited to sobriety. god is present in every state of existence, and every thing we experience and see, anything our senses pick up, is called forth by us and given to us by god to serve the exact and true purpose we are trying, sometimes subconsciously, to fulfill at whatever moment. at every moment. psychedelics can lead to us believing in this perfection and intention by showing us how obvious it is in every aspect of our daily lives, which we would otherwise consider mundane, cruel, or random.

i don't understand how some people can say, "what do hallucinogens have to do with god?"... EVERYTHING has EVERYTHING to do with god, because god is all there is. hallucinogens take you out of your mind, and your mind's purpose is to create the illusion of duality so that, in a world without relativity, we can know that we are real.

replace the word god with the word love, and it remains true. what is love? is it possible for love to abandon us, to allow things to happen by accident, to confuse us? true love guarantees that no matter what is happening, it is perfect and wonderful and could not be any other way at that time, but there is ALWAYS the option of moving towards a higher level of existence. nothing changes with this transition, other than our awareness of what is already magnificent and always has been.

in an "enlightened" thesaurus, you could look up the word "god" and see every word in every language listed.

6. Gdeadhead420

Gdeadhead420 DivineMomentsofTruth

that works fine for me if i was to believe in god. I can't believe in God because though the world is filled with beautifull things, there are just as many terrible things. There are other reasons but whenever i consider the existance of any sort of god, i just feel sick.

7. tumbledownDNA

tumbledownDNA Member

i think that what drugs have taught me most is that something so broad as "what do you believe?" and "what have you learned?" cannot be fit into one of three categories. i've learned that the more you try to narrow it down, the less you try to get out of it. i would probably say its led me in all three directions at different times, in different situations. and i like it that way... what fun is it to know all the answers? sometimes god's very real, other times science is very real... and sometimes (but not very often) i choose to not think about it.

basically i think spirituality and science are looking at the same thing (this universe) from a different angle. and thats really what drugs have taught me is that everyone's different view and way of structuring the universe is just their own, personal and very relative way of looking at it. in the end, the universe is just one big happening thing. i think that if science and spirituality could join forces, we could become a happier planet (which is supposed to be the point of it all right?) and develop a individualized spirituality in which a person could become their own inner scientist, and self-actualize in their own, individual way with the help of other trusted individuals on their own spiritual/scientific/whatever journey. but then thats just my perspective... haha lifes a trip man

8. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

Never done lsd, closest is pcp, dxm.

We are the god of the existence inside our mind!

perhaps our universe is merely the mind of a higher counscness, and "his" brain is us. and in our brains is some other gods of counscness, and this goes on and on and on in an infinat scale.

my experience tell me that ITS an infinite scale. like a cell in a cell, and its infinite. Something along those lines.
    iv thought it down to me beliveigng i didnt exist. i would almost cry. its true in ways, but its terrible to think along those lines. i keep my thoughts simpler these days. And too belive i am the GOD of the existence inside my head makes me happier, more confident and powerfull.

Conscousnes is GoDlyness
    we are the gods of the particles which dont have conscouesness like a PEN for example. i can controll it. i am the ruler and keeper.

as for Christianity, i do not beleive. there is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no good, there is no Evil. We create what is "good" and what is "evil" in our minds and in society, on the grand scale of things "the universe" this means nothing. Our world could be destroyed and it doesnt mean anything. to anywhere. We could just be "mold" on a particle of "dust". The truth so scary, i want to live for ever but i dont, i want to experience everthing but i cant. ill never know what its like to grow up as a black man, or in another family, there is so much i cant explain.
    it feels like i can explore the outer relms of space and discover what it has to offer without even leaving my Bedroom. Just lying in bed in the dark trippning you can learn more than NASA will be able to learn in the next 10 thousand years.

i belive alot of different things, not just one set idea.

9. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

lol pcp and dxm thankfully is farrr farr from L.

10. mushroommystic

mushroommystic Member

psychedelics are the reatest thing to happen to me nature is my savior now i dont beilive in getting high but instead
    expanding my mind

11. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

I agreed with everyone but gdeadhead.

12. ezyrider50

ezyrider50 Member

i dont think anything ever said could ever sum up what our existence is really all about.
    But it does seems very infinite.

13. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

They made me begin to question my surrounding more. What I was taught, what I'm being told, etc. A few psychedelic trips on the brink of insanity have a tendency to humble you a bit. Really, though, it hasn't made me any more or less spiritual, as I realize any hallucinations I experience are probably just the product of chemical reactions in my brain and not some sort of divine being. More than anything, though, I see them as an introspective tool allowing the user to gain a new insight into something that they wouldn't otherwise get. Lately I've gotten a bit too dependent on them, I think, when the only time I can really sit back and be amazed at the world is when I'm tripping.

:toetap:

14. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

you took the words right out of my mouth

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Made me realise I was a card board cutout among card board cutouts and induced me to look behind the curtain.Behind the curtain was a door.I opened the door,stepped thru and the door disappeared.All better now.

16. Longshot789

Longshot789 Member

Yeah the non-theistic view in the poll is somewhat negative. I just place confidence in science.

17. Ayzcrava

Ayzcrava Member

I haven't really changed from tripping, I was a nihilist before and I'm still a nihilist, a happy nihilist nonetheless though. None of my believes changed but I got a lot more content, happy with myself and somehow I know what I want better now. I think psyhedelic drugs (especially hallucinogenics, or actually only them) made me a happier person, and I'm glad I didn't change, I'm still exactely me who I always was.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A nihilist--that must be exhausting.(The big Lebowski)

19. denise-louise

denise-louise Member

ah, the gateless gate. wonderful.
    :love:

20. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

They gave me some new parallels to review on certain instances and subjects, but that's something I try to do with every subject (hear all sides) whether i'm on a hallucinogen or not... but really not too much, usually I'm in a great great mood after a trip is over though :).