Where can I find it, I became tired!!:(

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by catstevens, Aug 18, 2005.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

I am looking for the bible, old Testament , new Testament , Torah and all Gospels as E-books , I prefer it in English and Arabic versions and I hope that I can download them into my computer.

I am looking too for Bible, Torah etc search engine as a computer program not in a website, without connecting the (internet)

Thank you beforehand :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

Free Bible software....well, as much as I hate the name of it, I downloaded a great free Bible software program from www.esword.net

I don't really like the translations they use..I'm an NRSV gal myself, but this should help you out. They have the Greek and Hebrew words and translations as well.

3. catstevens

NRSV ??!!
    Thank you very much MollyBloom :)

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

4. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Cat- Try project gutenberg.org http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/titles/k
    a few translations of the Koran are there (under K for Koran, not Q for Quran). Biblegateway.com for a bunch of different versions of the bible (new/old testament).

5. catstevens

I went there before; I think I have to check up again. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

6. catstevens

I went there before; I think I have to check up again. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

7. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Are you in the Middle east? And yes, there's also a hebrew Tanakh...but you're not looking for that...And one that Parallels Hebrew with English.

8. catstevens

:) Hi , really nice to see you, you are really my dear sister (strong believer), but as I wrote under my avatar I am really such an Obscure I am in somewhere on this planet (Allah created this planet so my location is: Allah's earth) that what I meant by Allah's earth, Germany is Allah's earth too to me. you are from Germany or living there, I read once an article about German men I think I am not sure that they mentioned that there is a large number of bachelors there who prefer to be so, perhaps then you are right when you said Quote: ( question is, if I'll ever get one. ^^; )

Actually, I want to get all sacred books to Christians and Jews. I don’t know all of them I know OT :) Matthew, John etc, you know I am not interested in other religions which aren't heavenly. I want the English version I found OT & NT in Arabic version yesterday, do you know that I in the Arabic version of the OT (NIV) the translation of God is Allah [Çááå]

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

9. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Sister? :D
    I was asking you if you were from the middle east because Bibles are illegal in many places there, and because you're probably Muslim, as well as seemingly Arabic speaking ( the Quoran's Arabic ) .

And the Husband thing was more about me, rather than the guys. ;)

[/b]

Nope, I didn't know that. Thanks! :)
    But I'm sorry, I know of no Arabic ones. :(But LOOK! I was looking for the Hebrew/English Tanakh for you, and now I just so happened to stumble across this:
    http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0.htm

Have fun! ;) ( Hebrew/ English BIBLE )

10. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

Here is a really good one. http://www.searchgodsword.com It lets you do several kinds of searches of both the New and Old testaments in numerous translations and in several languages as well as the original languages.

11. catstevens

J That's how I consider you. (Not sister=non)

But I was looking for the bible as E-Books not a paper copy, unfortunately three pages of my OT got of that because I use it a lot and turn the OT's cover to the back when I read it, my OT's paper are too thin :(. Yeah I am a Muslim :) from top to toe, and yeah fluent in Arabic.

More than welcome, and yeah I met many of Arab Christians they called God as Allah. I gonna ask them someday.

I really appreciate it, thank you very much J

Thank you very much although I didn't open the link , but it seems to me it isn't a searching program which I can download it to my HD.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens