Where are hippies from?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Random Andy, May 27, 2004.

1. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

my backyard,.....man i need deorant

2. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Think im not sure But i think the frist hippie movement started in San Fran, Then spread , but im not really sure

[​IMG]

3. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

ok here something i always thought was strange. if hippies believe in not hurting the environment and not cutting down the trees or hurting the plants then how come they always picked flowers to put in their hair?

4. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

GOOD QUESTION,...maybe they used flowers like rastas use dreads; to get closer to jah. so maybe the hippies are using them to feel more spiritual?-just a thought

5. bluefairy

bluefairy Member

"Where does the word hippie come from, just from the word hip meaning cool or is it longer than that? Where do hippies come from? Who was the first hippie? What do you have to believe to be a hippy, what do you have to do?"

the first hippy is the first person who stood up for what they believed in and was willing to sacrifice everything for their beliefs and to help make things better for everyone.

6. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Interesting post by MaryFairy on page one. Shows that the hippie spirit goes back many decades. A hippie movement as a reaction to the industrial revolution is interesting and seems to make sense.

Even as far back as Biblical times, I think of Jesus as someone who came up with a peaceful hippie-like philosophy as a reaction to the idea of a militant messiah which had been popular before him. Turning the other cheek is certainly nothing like waging war. His views went against the grain of the establishment.

I think of the word Hippie as meaning 'hip' or knowing what's going on around you; being aware of issues and not getting fooled by or going along with what the establishment tries to tell you. That's definately one of the tenets of the hippie culture.

7. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I LOVE being a hippie!

8. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

of course he was a hippy you fucking moron, long hair, all about peace and love etc HELLO!

HIPPYS DON'T HATE PEOPLE, if you were trying to be funny, it didn't work