Where and When is the '05 national ?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by amberfilter, Jan 8, 2005.

1. LSDawson

LSDawson Member

where in VA are ya acorn

2. kurdtkobain

kurdtkobain Member

i'm confused, whats a national??:(

3. chaos

chaos Member

4. acornweaver

acornweaver Member

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh yes... a Virginia gathering would be great. :) I know of a lot of nice areas around the appalachian and my neighbor is a groundskeeper for the Yorktown Victory Center and was a former groundskeeper and park manager of Hungry Mother State Park. I mentioned the rainbow gathering being held to him today and he started naming a few good spots. But I have to agree with you all that the cops are bad, but typically in Eastern Virginia and Northern Virginia they'll get you where it hurts... and I'm so thankful I didn't go to the last Phish show at the coliseum with all the police action there... I remember watching all the people get busted on the news the night of the concert. Though, I still can't get over the fact that they sold out so quick... it's strange that biggest military area in the US has some of the best fan action. I do agree, for once, Virginia could use a little diversity.

6. peaceful

peaceful Member

Well last year, they went to an old site in California, partly because there are not many people willing to put a lot of time and money into scouting new sites. So it might be near an old site in the Mid-Atlantic such as North Carolina, near Tapoco, Nantahala National Forest; or West Virginia, near Webster Springs, Monongahela National Forest. The early mailing address for donations is in Charlottesville, VA, so it seems they are going for the Mid-Atlantic. This is justing guessing this early in the year.

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I suppose a mid-atlantic one would be nice... since I was trying to go with friends to the one in CA last year, but was unable to make it due to a trip to Florida.

8. LSDawson

LSDawson Member

acorn, looks awesome...

i'm in richmond

9. raven23

raven23 Member

VIRGINIA?
    Well, let's just have it on the fucking West Mall, why don't we?
    Yes, I've been to Viginia, and I think D.C. is a lot closer than any of you' all out ther do. I think the beast of civilization is a lot closer than any of you all do. One mountain range is not enough, but reports I've gotten back from brothers and sisters from council is that although in typical rainbow style there are many opinions, WV seems likely. Nice country, not far enough away from the madness, but we should choose one of the NFs that are stripmined and destroyed like much of WV is, less likely we would be to harm whatever ecosystem is left there, and more likely to wake people up to what Appalacia is about. Hear of Mountain Justice Summer?

10. HippieLngstckng

HippieLngstckng Bringer of DOOM!!!

That would be awesome if it were in VA... I used to live down there, so I'd have a place to stay.

Since I'm new to this whole Rainbow Family deal, could someone tell me when we will know for sure where this is happening? Just curious.

11. peaceful

peaceful Member

Hi,

Most people will know when the directions are posted at welcomehere.org or welcomehome.org around early June.

12. HippieInMyHead

HippieInMyHead Member

There's so many good people sharing positive energy, so much to see and do, drum circles, poi, dancing 'till dawn,...you likely will find that you want to stay right there at the Gathering.

13. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Nope. What's a Mountain Justice Summer?

14. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

i hear welcom here is a bogus site run buy some guy in ark. i think will mislead you stick with welcom HOME !

15. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Don't know how "bogus" it is, but there did seem to be some problems with the dirrections to the Florida Gathering last month. As I understand it, the dirrections posted there were to a "We don't need no stinkin' Permit" Protest event site, which no one attended, and no dirrections were posted for the site at which something strongly resembling a Gathering occured. I believe the Webmaster for that site may have had some political motivation for what he did. I see no reference to this past Florida Gathering there now, but perhaps he removed them. Now, I looked back a year, and the dirrections to last year's site are to the one at which something strongly resembling a Gathering occured, except for the presence of a Stoopid Offishul Dokument, signed by USFS District Ranger Jer Mar, and some idiot who believes himself to be part of a family of Marine Mammals, but no historical reccord was kept of the Lake Mary site, where the "We don't need no stinkin' Permit" Protest event occured. I don't get it. Maybe he's just confused, or maybe Florida is.

Anyhoo, WHere does seem to be the most inclusive Calendar of Events on the Web, as WHome, last time I looked, only kept up-to-date its Calendar for events outside the USA. And it is a bad idea to drive or hitch off into the Great Unknown looking for a Gathering in the middle of nowhere with only directions you found on the 'net, without some kind of telephone or snail-mail backup.

Perhaps, Mr Mountain William will be so kind as to find the link to Dawn Sky's recent thread on this topic...