Where’d The Sex Go?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by diesel#, Dec 7, 2020.

1. diesel#

diesel# Members

I have a great wife. We have 3 young children all under 6. She handles things like a total boss. Working from home during Covid, handling our daughters schooling from home, amongst a lot of things. I work 12 hour days. I leave when they all wake up and get home right when they all go to bed. Life is beyond busy right now. My question for you is when does sex return to normal? When the kids get older, and more self reliant? I’m lucky to get a quickie once a month, and it’s really affecting me negatively.

Mysteron likes this.
  2. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

she is probably extremely tired and that is why she has gone off sex! Yes she may appear to be handling everything like a 'boss' but there is the old saying about looking like a swan on the surface but paddling like hell below the water. It takes a hell of a lot to run a house and bring up kids, I run a house at the minute since losing my job and it can be quite tiring, without throwing kids into the mix. What are you cooking for dinner, is the house clean, have you got all the shopping in, perhaps there is something you can do on your days off to lighten the load a little, then things may get back to normal.

diesel# likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

That's a very common situation . It sounds like she is extremely busy at the moment and the kids will always come first. Its a mothers DNA . I don't know what country you are in but I cant see things improving until there is some sort of vaccination programme ( in the UK its starting this week ) and restriction easing to follow. If you have both time off at Christmas then perhaps you could have a talk with her about putting some "us" time together . You could get sexy Christmas outfits to add to the visual and appropriate for the festive season . Either way you will have to try and find some time together . Get away for a weekend together and employ the grand parents .But you need to talk . IMO its nothing to worry about its a case of reigniting that spark .
    Good luck

phil1965 and diesel# like this.
  4. diesel#

diesel# Members

Yes that’s exactly my thoughts. We’ve got so much going on. I keep trying to find ways to reduce her work load but I’m very limited with my schedule.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. diesel#

diesel# Members

After this vaccine becomes available here in the US and we hopefully get rid of the virus, kids going back to school and my wife returning to work would help things I believe.

Mysteron likes this.
  6. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Exactly . Everyone is on hold at the moment. Just spare a thought for the singles . Mental health problems are multiplying but being ignored by the authorities .

Once normality resumes and it will one day that's the time you can get together with your SO and start getting some us time . You can do things like we did and go on date nights . Dress to impress when you go out and tease each other . Footsie under the table . Get her to place her panties into her handbag whilst your out . Just keep the sauce going and when you return you cant wait to get your hands on each other . Just some ideas. Valentines day is also coming up . Buy her some really nice red lingerie and set an evening together. Rose petals on the bed, make her feel special . Bring Romance back most women love it .

Like I said there isn't a lot wrong it just needs that spark to put that Va Va Voom back into your relationship .

Sexting could also be an option worth considering . Nothing beats a sexy message ,

diesel# likes this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Go back to courting her like you did when you were in your yout.

In your busy day, think of a plan to separate her from the busy and come up with a secret special idea for romantic date.

Get a sitter for the kids.

Deploy your awesome idea onto her.

Don't talk about work, talk and listen to each other about your love and appreciation for her. Warm up her sweet sensual side

Have a plan for the romantic night to romanticly end in the bedroom.

Pick the kids up the following day(s)

~Repeat all of the above at random~

mysticblu21 and scratcho like this.
  8. crazytrain341

crazytrain341 Members

Here is what my wife and I used to do when our children were that age. We would have a fun movie night and let them stay up late. Then they will sleep in the next day (Sat or Sun), let the shenanigans begin.

Now that our kids are in their mid-teens, they could randomly stay up to 1-2AM easily. Having sex when they're awake is weird even with the door locked. Since teens are relatively independent, we'll sleep earlier on sex night ... say at 10PM and wake up at 3-4AM which still gives us 5-6 hours sleep. Usually we don't go back to sleep that night. I'm not into quickie sex.

This is about 3-5 times a month taking a break when she has her period so we can both catch up on.

phil1965 likes this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As much as women love their kids---they need to get away from them ---I mean at least once a week be able to "forget" them for a time and have some time for themselves. Whether it's a day just doing whatever she wants by herself or being with some of her friends or being with you. You two seem to be working yourselves right into the ground!! If at all possible, a change in your work habits is going to help---BUT--- you need to help with ALL household chores--cooking cleaning --dishes, etc, etc. I don't see much change in your sex life unless you make some changes elsewhere. You said she WORKS from home, schools the kids (all under 6!!) so I imagine she cooks for them, does their laundry --cleans up---on and on!! In my opinion--she's headed for the loony bin if something doesn't change.

Mysteron and phil1965 like this.
  10. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Agree, there is always something you can do, sometimes if I can't sleep Iget up in the middle of the night and wash any dishes from the previous evening if they have been left in the sink, or I'll throw a load in the washing machine, it is one job less for her even if she has to pt it in the dryer later. I think it's all about looking for things to do, can you pick any shopping up on the way home, even if it's only bread and milk, it's one less thing for her to have to worry about doing and as we all know, a lot of little things soon add up.

Mysteron and scratcho like this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Phil. I think many times men just don't realize what women have to go through in their daily lives, particularly when small children are present. Took me a while just to realize that it's no inconvenience to put the toilet seat down after I take a piss. Once you've heard a woman screech and cuss when she falls into the toilet water at 2 am in the morning!!!!!!:eek::eek::rage:------------------------

Mysteron likes this.
  12. diesel#

diesel# Members

Yeah I’ve been helping out a lot around here if by chance I get off early. I’m thinking it’s just going to be a tough season to wade through, but I have taken note of all the great suggestions in the above posts. Thanks to everyone of you that responded!

scratcho likes this.