when's the 'God Bless America' thing going to end?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shaggie, Aug 21, 2005.

1. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Jeez. Four years after 911 and they're still singing 'God Bless America' during the 7th inning stretch at every baseball game. You'd think people would have moved on by this time. It's like the yellow ribbon thing.

There's tons a patriotic songs to sing and yet they have to keep playing that same one. :)

2. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

3. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

I thought baseball was always patriotic like that.
    It's a great place to mix patriotism.
    Especially when you have your subjects snared in 9 innings of it.
    Why do you think it's our national pasttime?
    It's a great school of indoctrination and mind numbing.

okay that may be a little extreme

but its probably part true

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I don't recall God Bless America being sung every 7th inning before the 911 incident.

I noticed that Bush Sr. was on a lot of the baseball games on the Fourth of July weekend praising his son for the Iraq thing. They just had to have him on there during the baseball games.

Moreover, the game I watched on 4th of July did away with commerical breaks and had shots of all the 'support our troops' signs. They did this non-stop through the whole game about every few minutes. It would be reasonable at the start or end but not through the whole game.

Maybe they gave people a discount on ticket price if they brought in a support our troops sign. :)

But you're right. It's like an indoctrination.

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

It would make more sense to do the troop/baseball thing on Memorial day. The 4th of July is really about American independence, not supporting the Iraq invasion.

6. it'll end when enough news cycles have passed to clear us of some of the bushine indoctrination

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

it will end when god fucks america..or should i say bush fucks america

the final time

8. KBlaze

KBlaze Member

9. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

10. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

when the second coming occures and Jesus sticks it to the conservatives.

i hate it how the conservatives are all portraying themselves as the people who support the troops. just because you put some stickers on your cars, that means you support the troops?

liberals also support the troops, but they aren't afraid to ask questions. same for the conservatives during kosovo, but the democrats didn't play the favoritism game.

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

when the ghost of Harry Carey jumps in and starts singing take me out to the ballgame again....

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Ha ha. :) That's what they used to sing every 7th inning. I don't know what's worse. That one or God Bless America.

Maybe someone could write a song that melds 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' with the Iraq quagmire and sing it every 7th inning.

'Take me out to the Quagmire'?

Let's root, root root for the home troops... If they don't win it's a shame!
    It's one, two, three strikes you're out at the old..quag...mire. :)