when you first went veggie....

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by interval_illusion, May 17, 2004.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

did you ever have dreamed about eating chicken or something?

they have slowly been going away- at FIRST i had dreamed about eating chicken and loving it, then last wk., i dreamed i ate some chicken and i was so mad at myself and depressed.

it's been the same for me when i quit smoking, drinking or drugs before in the past so im sure it's normal.

was just wondering tho if anyone else had this happen to them at all?

2. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

I remember I dreamed about hot dogs and chicken nuggets on two separate nights, probably because I was so damn used to them ;-).

I don't get them anymore though... ;-)

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I can't remember...I think I did have a dream about walking this huge chicken down a country lane to a barn...It was like the size of a Great Dane. It was weird. In the dream, though, it was totally normal....like I was just walking my dog. That was a few months after I "crossed over" (ignore me), but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it.

When I was pregnant, I had dreams about ribs. Then I drank some A1 sauce and got over it. Maybe I just needed the sodium....I don't know. :)

4. cousinit

cousinit Member

v + 2 days. mom cooked a roast tonight.... smells sooo gooood taht im drooling. but I made do with kimchi on baked taters. and corn on the cob

hmm.... considering my recovering intestinal state kimchi probably wasnt a good idea, usually gives me ring of fire. should a just used regular sauerkraut

5. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

I think so, i vaugely remember a dream about eating one of mum's hamburgers...but i think it's all pretty normal as your body adjusts to cutting out somthing that it was used to.

6. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

One of the reasons I always try not to lecture people about giving up meat is coz I feel that I had it really easy, personally. Before I quit meat, I was an irritating carnivore. Really though, I was just fighting against the logic, because I knew there was no rational justification for eating meat. I just thought it'd be too hard to give up.

Anyway, I finally decided I'd try it for a week and see if I could manage it. In truth, I didn't expect to stick with it. To my surprise, I found it stupidly fucking easy. I just made sure I indulged myself with all my favourite non-meat foods. I never missed meat at all. Never had a craving and never looked back. That was around seventeen years ago now, and I've never had a single relapse, or even a desire to relapse. Thing is, I don't think this is because I'm really strong or anything. I've heard lots of veggies had cravings for things like bacon, but I never suffered from that. In fact, in some ways I feel like a cheat coz I've always found it so easy.

So nope. No dreams. No hallucinating quarter-pounders. Nothing. Doesn't make me feel superior.... just lucky.

7. veggieromance

veggieromance Member

I've never had any dreams about meat - not in all the 16 yrs of being a veggie. I never really liked meat, so I guess I had it easy too. :)

8. jendi17

jendi17 Member

About a month after I became a vege, I had really big cravings for a chicken sandwich or ribs or something, but once you get over the cravings they usually won't come back!

9. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

lol i had a really sick dream that i ate a hamburger and then i spewed out a whole river... yuck...

10. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

I had a dream just last week that I was eating pizza and then i looked down at it and it was covered with pepperonies. Then I woke up and felt really bad. That's the only one I remember though.

11. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I started veggie about 2-3 weeks ago, and sometimes I get cravings for some Arby's© Roast Beef Sandwiches. It's not a problem for burgers, because there are substitutes for that. Otherwise, I'm doing quite fine.

12. Enron

Enron Member

To this day i continue having dreams about meat, after a year i figured cravings would settle....their supposed too atleast. Well, at least i have my dream meat, i cant assume thats conflicting with any of the reasons i switched