When was the last time you got carded?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bluesafire, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Go to Tennessee. It is a state law (though many people don't follow it.) that anyone that buys alcohol has to show ID. That way the process of making a decision is removed from the cashier. A lady at a Shell Station told me that an 80 year old could come in for beer and she would have to card the old timer. Then the oldie could leave, remember something, come back in and buy more beer, and the cashier would have to card them again. Like I said, people don't follow the rules exactly, but 70% of the time that I buy CH3CH2OH in Tennessee, I am carded. Never happens round my mom's place in Florida, or my brother's place in New York.

2. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Vagina Detata? Uber fucked up. I've met some wierd vaginas in my time, but it takes one wierd individual to come up with vagina detata.

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I don't get carded at liquor stores or smaller pubs. On my 21st b-day, I went to a dozen or so bars via limousine, and didn't get carded till my sister told someone to. In fact, I didn't get carded buying beer for two months after my 21st.

Most gas stations have to scan the bar code on your ID to sell both beer and smokes. The last time was a week ago when I went to see my uncle debut with his new band.

4. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

I pretty much set myself up on my 19th birthday, I bought a bunch of shit that only little underage chicks would buy... plus a bottle of jager.

I've been carded a few times, but most of the time I was in a bar underage was to see a band.
    One time, when I was actually underage, I was at a bar with my friends watching a friends band play and none of us got carded on the way in, but at the table, the lady came over and carded my friend, who was the oldest of the group(in her 30's) and no one else got carded, just her lol

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

deNtata. As in dens,dentis,m. - tooth

Its actually weird that its masculinum. Most Latin nouns of that declination are actually femininum :confused:

6. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I hear ya man, damn milk junkies, ruining it for the rest of us. :mad:

7. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

I always get carded, and I'm always flattered by it even though the law here is to card anyone who looks under 40...

8. moondaddy

moondaddy Member

I was at the grocery store on weds which is senior citizen 5% off day and I'm like hey how bout my discount and she's like you don't look that old and I say wanna see my dl and she's like yeah so I showed it to her and she said ok and that's my story and it's all true.

9. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

every time i go out. they're high sticklers around here. what i love is when they look at my age, get really surprised and say things like "holy shit! i was not expecting that, babyface!" one bartender though my little sister was old that me. nya nya.

10. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I get carded pretty much every time I buy alcohol or cigarettes. :rolleyes:

11. nesta

nesta Banned

i get carded occasionally here, living in a college town. yesterday i bought a can of beer at the convenience store and there was a new guy working so i got carded.

but i walked to the bar later for another beer and did not get carded. then again, i haven't shaved in about a week, it was midnight, relatively busy...its not like i look 16

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

:D that's awesome. Speaking of looking young, what is it with the Asians?? I can't ever tell their age.. they look so young to me. Well most of them... they're either really young or really old looking.

13. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

yeah there's another law for ya that borders on ridiculous. no, actually it crosses into it. :rolleyes:

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In my early 40's.Thanked 'em.

15. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

What the fuck is this thread about?

Has the US gone mad? Carding 40-year olds??

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well,it was a long time ago for me and I looked young.

17. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

The 21 age limit is ridiculous.

18. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I used to work in a bar in Sydney, Australia that had a bottle shop on the side. Now, remember that in Australia the drinking age is 18. One night I carded a 27 year old vietnamese girl. I know she was Vietnamese because of her name and the high vietnamese population in that area. She freaked. But here's the thing, she was like 5 1/2 feet, maybe 100 pounds and with the smoothest, cutest, youngest looking face I have ever seen on a 27 year old. I was educated on how to check for fake id, state law before getting a job selling alcohol, and I could find nothing wrong with her license. But she seriously freaked, like yelling at me and threw her license at me. So, you are right. The Asians do tend to look young for their age. I don't know about the ones that look really old.

For that you are right!! Several times I have gone in to buy beer and didn't have my ID, and I got knocked back. At 28, 29, 30 years old.

Ohhh, by the way, bluesafire, is that your picture in your sig? At 38 years old? Damn! You don't look anything near 38. Guuurrlll, you look good!!!

19. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

sometimes i get people thinking i'm asian when i'm all made up. it's because of the cherokee in me, though it's pretty diluted by now. but i have the roundy cheeks to thank for most of it.

20. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I've never been 'carded'. :cool: