when to start beads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by HippieAdrien, Apr 23, 2007.

1. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i just got my dreads 3 days ago and i cant wait to start putting beads on. they havn't fully matured yet but are getting there. should i wait a few weeks or can i start doing it now? also, any cleaning tips and stuff would be awesome. thanks!

adrien

2. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

If you're waiting on them to mature before you put beads on...a few weeks just isn't going to do it.

Try a few years.

As for beads...go for it. For me it helped the dread (only have one.) come together better. It hides imperfections, helps heal loops and bad spots..

Just remember to take the beads out before you shower and wait for your hair to dry before putting them back in. Mildew and mold..ewww!

3. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Anytime is good for beads! But beware! take them off when you shower! One of my dreads got some mould because I never took my beads off. But ya, go nutty with the beads, I feel like they help your roots start to dread up nice when you keep them up up to your head. PEACE&LOVe
    congrats on the new dreadies!

4. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

wastingthedawn that guy in ur sig he went to phillys art insitute i believe i saw a ladie at my school show his work or that guy rly looks like him. lol

5. vengeful_lemon

vengeful_lemon Member

Scorpius, he looks a lot like Keith Moon (best known as the drummer from the Who). I'm pretty sure the picture is just him playing dress-up (which he apparently did quite a bit).
    yeah, i'm just a lurker (but in a good way!).

6. MamaGoose

MamaGoose Member

i put a bead in my hair like maybe a week or so after i started my dreads and then i was a little negeltful of my hair for like a month after i first go them (bad my i know) and my new dreads absorbed the bead...be aware.