when to add sea salt and a couple other questions

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by jamebrookes, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jamebrookes

jamebrookes Member

Im new to the forum and to dreads. i just backcombed my hair like two days ago. so, i read that you can add sea salt, water, and lemon juice and it acts as a locking accelerator. when can i put it on my locks? and the dread locks in the front of head near my forehead all look good and round, but the ones on top of my head are really like balls of hair and not long or anything, it just looks weird. is this normal or is there anything i can do to make them look like the ones in the front. and finally, i know there is a thread about gettin your parents to let you have dreads, but my mom is not letting me cuz we have to go to the beach in like 3 weeks. she wants me to cut them out before then, and im just trying to think of ways to convice her to let me keep them. think anyone here can give me some ideas on what to say to her.

thanks!
    p.s. i can add pics if anyone wants.

2. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

yes show us some pics :)

3. jamebrookes

jamebrookes Member

this is going to sound very newbish, but how do i post pics?

4. jamebrookes

jamebrookes Member

nvm i found out how to upload pics. sorry if it looks bad, took it on a camera phone. you can see that on top they look like big balls of hair but near the front they look like normal dreads.

5. amethystrse

amethystrse Member

I think it'll just take time. As your dreads grow those "balls" should even out some.

The salt water at the beach should help them lock too. I don't know what to say about convincing your mom though. Maybe look for some pics of people with dreads that are older so she can see what they will look like (2+ years). Older dreads are soooo beautiful!

*hugs*
    Jess