when people say a place is lost, hidden or forgotten

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by themnax, Dec 9, 2019.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my furst question is why aren't people who are otherwise homeless allowed to live there?
    and why does everything that is odd, unusual, or interesting, have to be expensive?

of course i know the answer to both questions. it is because some people want everything to have to be about money, because they think they get something out of keeping it that way.

and please don't try to tell me these people who do so are being liberal.

i understand some people who are poor vent their anger and frustration by destroying things, but this is an aspect of cultural perspective.

it comes from having an adversarial culture. one in which destructive force is romanticized.
    the same that results in valuable social and cultural assets being tossed aside, to become lost, forgotten or hidden.

and if anything, or at least more then anything else, it is this that 'haunts' such places.

which is not to say beings who are neither physical nor imaginary can't also, morn, or even be angered by, their waste and loss.

but there is no good reason to continue to anger them, any more the living who are poor, excepting those who's misfortune is the price of their own hatred of logic and consideration.

but the notion that all or even most of them, are the result of their own choices to be, but though a few among them might, is as mythological as what we pretend to know about the unknown.

some things it is useful to preserve as examples so we can all see how and what was done, but is there any reason to do this for more then a sampling, when the remainder could be set to more gratifying use, then to remain forgotten and abandon?

2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

My first question would be. How do people know of a place that's lost, hidden, or forgotten if its lost, hidden, or forgotten?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's always a treasure map.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

wherever you go you know that you're there. you might not always know where there is.
    treasure maps give people the idea of things having been lost, and give people an idea to look for them.
    a lot of time, people living nearby have always known what was there, though my have wildly inaccurate ideas about how old it is or who made it.