when it all gets too much

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by thereaperman44, May 23, 2004.

1. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

for those who know my situation, my dad is getting worse, or at least not any better. it has been hitting me over the last week, and that coupled with the absence of my girlfriend i really havnt been coping. yesterday it felt like i was going to die from all the grief surging through my body. what i want to know is how you cope when your so overwhealmed?

2. ArieStarshines

ArieStarshines Member

Trust that everything happens for a reason.

3. mimosa

mimosa Banned

I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm sorry to hear things aren't great, still. and I really don't know what to tell you. but I will keep you in my thoughts, as I have been anyway. Just try to live day to day and don't let too many sad thoughts overwhelm you at one time. Hug the ones you love whenever you can, and know that people do care about you.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

dont think of the things that happen as curses...

take them as challenges, and lessons.

i hope that made some sense...

5. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

my girlfriend dumped me over text message last nite. said she wasnt ready for a serious relationship and she was sorry and to take care. 2 weeks ago we were loves young dream, now she cant bare to be with me.

as for life being a lesson, why is it kicking lumps and lumps and lumps out of me with every day i am alive?

"HEY YOU CAN YOU HELP ME?"

6. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

I think that we don't truly learn from the good experiences... we just sort of roll with them. We do learn a lot from what we term as bad experiences, even though they seem overwhelming at the time.

I understand that having an older person tell you; "This too shall pass", doesn't really make any sense to you now. But believe me, this heart ache and upset will pass, the sun will come up tomorrow, and if you keep putting one foot in front of the other you will move on and grow.

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well thats the thing, we learn a lot from experience alone. what we choose to take from it is up to us

i think sam is right though, the 'bad' experiences are better for learning.

8. mimosa

mimosa Banned

Sam's right. It's a hard truth. But there is light eventually, so hold on to that.

Still hoping you find your way without too much pain. Please keep us updated, and I hope things get better.

9. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Sam is right; I remember when I was your age listening to everyone telling me, "It's not the end of the world."
    I resented that. How could they know what I was going through?
    Now that I am the older person, I realize that they knew what I was going through because they had been through it all before, when they were my age. It seems like it will never get better, like no one cares or understands, like you're the only person to have ever experienced your very unique pain, but in truth, millions of people have been through the exact same things before and will afterwards, when YOU are one of the older ones.
    This is not meant to trivialize what you are going through. I know it's hard and I know it hurts and I know it seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel, but there is, and it will be okay, and you will be happy again--hopefully soon.
    In the meantime, stay close to the ones who love you and let them comfort you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.