When do you start making your Christmas crafts?

Discussion in 'Holiday Crafts' started by lovelyxmalia, Aug 30, 2007.

1. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I usually start in June, but I'm kind of set back this year because of college and getting ready for it.

Who else starts early? A few years ago, I didn't start until Oct./Nov. I want to start ASAP. Anyone have any gift ideas? I wanna try doing some different things this year.

2. usfcat

usfcat CaterCreeps

I already have some fabric to make a cute x-mas skirt and some placemats. I usually start about September. If I wait any longer than that there is just no time to get anything done because by the time the season is here we are baking, decorating, and shopping all the time not to mention last minute crafting for gifts.

Gift ideas...hmm. This Year I'm crocheting hats for my family and making some jewelry for my mom and sister probably.

Hey good luck with college! I'll be so busy this season because I'm graduating this December :) What are you majoring in?

3. lovelyxmalia

Right now I'm majoring in Liberal Arts just because I BOMBED everything in high school-but my goal is to transfer to a local university and major in English with a concentration of Peace Studies. I'm planning on getting a few degrees-it might take a while, but I might as well do everything I love, right? I'll test the waters and see how I like different things. What are you majoring in?

I was thinking of starting some scarves for people-people seem to like scarves and they're easy to make.

A friend of mine makes hemp belts-she said she's going to show me how to do it-so I'll probably do those, too. I'm probably going to search the internet for different ideas, too.

4. usfcat

usfcat CaterCreeps

Yeah, take as much time as you can afford to take. I changed my major twice so I am graduating a semester late. I'm studying Psychology. But once I have my Bachelor's I'm going for a Master's in Library Science. I should be totally done May of 2009 whew!

Yes scarves are the best winter gifts and so easy to make! :)

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I usually start late august or into september - I don't knit for very many people, usually just my parents and grandmother. I've knit for my inlaws in past years but they never wear it, so I don't bother making them gifts any more.

6. lovelyxmalia

I know how you feel about the in laws. I batiked a sheet for them last year and reinforced it with a few more sheets and painted a light house on it and made it into a shower curtain and I've yet to see it up in their lighthouse themed bathroom.

7. mysia_m

mysia_m Member

I was wondering should I start today because we don't have any Yule decorations and I want lots of them. x) So next Yule I would have the whole house full.

8. knitphomaniac

knitphomaniac Banned

I always start in June/July for xmas gifts - I knit for everyone on my list. Just one item each though, and small projects like fingerless gloves, scarves, hats... I've made a couple sweaters but only when they're special request.