When are the rainbow gatherings in Florida

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by dotadave, May 12, 2004.

1. dotadave

dotadave Member

I'd like to join the family. You seem like a friendly group and I'd like to make new friends.

2. paix

paix Senior Member

if you've got a belly button and an open mind and heart, you're already family :D

luvin' you :)

3. paix

paix Senior Member

4. HersheDog_BananaCat

HersheDog_BananaCat Member

I am in FL too.. There is Ocala regional in usually the 2 weeks of Feb. Where in Fl are you?..=)

Love and Light
    Zenia

5. dotadave

dotadave Member

Orlando most of the year.

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Hey, stil...the next regional in the Southeast will be the Katuha Family Summer Solstice Regional, probably in North Carolina. (Katuah is Rainbow Hippiespeak for the Southern Appalachains.) Info should be available sometime between the 14th-21st June on the Atlanta Lightline (770) 662-6112, or possibly Flickerfeather's lightline in Tampa (352) 463-0450. I highly recommend this Gathering to you. Old School Rainbow Love...and it will get you out of Florida's heat and humidity for a while in June. Not that long of a drive, unless you are down in South Florida.

7. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

Please don't make ocala your first gathering, it is not the impression you visualize when you read about rainbow online.

8. Spore Radical

Spore Radical Member

What gathering in Ocala? You mean the Barry Sacharow Rainbow Dolphin Camp where you get free bracelets at the gate and you can even get a frisbee that says ocala rainbow dolphin fest, (for a modest donation of course.)

9. langdon420

langdon420 Member

we live in panama city FL , we have plenty of ride room. we are looking to meet people in the area into the rainbow. we will be attending Ocala when we find out where it is. we might head down early to hook up with people. our # is 850-234-9820 Kind is my name , my wife has yet to get a Rainbow name yet. Moss is my buddy from WI and I bet a lot of you know him. We love you all. get a hold of us.

10. dotadave

dotadave Member

Is that the one in feb?

11. chime

chime Member

ahhh, the old "do i make ocala my first gathering" discussion. i know it well. come to ocala! we would love to meet you. ocala needs lots of love and good people and if the good people stay away then ocala justs gets worse! ocala was my first gathering and it changed my life for the better. it was an awesome time and i met people i still travel with. i love all you beautiful belly-buttoned people: front gate spangers, lake mary rebels, techno-hippies, bucko-land pirates, road dogs, crusty punks, rv driving viet vets, krishnas and jesus and pagans, spun or drunk or straight - you all should come and share the light. (p.s. i especailly love you grandma and grandpa. we miss you and your zuzu coffee. come back to us because we are better for your efforts). after all, it's one of the best amusement park rides of the year. hell, i sold barry an armband last year (well, i never got around to getting the money from him actually). pitch in - help with a kitchen. bring some awesome tradeables. and make sure you burn down the little blonde spun chick sitting on main trail at 4am answering all your universal questions and fucking with the "lets go see the hippies" tourists. that will be me. :)

12. hnugginbuggin

hnugginbuggin Member

i love you chime. no, really!

*that was a beautiful post* :rolleyes:

13. raven23

raven23 Member

Hold it now. Don't let the Katua family know you posted any info about their gathering on the internet. Them's are folk who don't appreciate this pubilicity at all.

14. papabear

papabear Member

i believe the brother chime hit it on the head about ocala. also about katuha family they are ANAL about staying off the web. we all should try and respect that. so bring lots of love donations and maybe a few hug donations and come be our friends. lovin you family

15. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

16. Trouvere

Trouvere Member

Guess you could call me a techno-hippie - oh well. Will see y'all folks (hopefully) this Feb here in Florida. Thanks to the "powers that be" for my finding this thread - I've missed Ocala for the past couple of years (well, OK, this would technically be my first "real" gathering - assuming you can't count all of the drum circles and gatherings of friends over the years).

If you see a guy with a hip-tied bag o' flutes - and if he tells you that nearly every one was a gift from a friend, that'll probably be me.

No worries - I pack out what I pack in and I pitch in.

Look forward to seeing you all.

-Trouvere

PostEdit: Uhh - by the way - if anyone *does* know anything about Ocala '05, feel free to e-mail me details at trouvere_2000@yahoo.com - I'd sincerely appreciate it. Many thanks.

17. jelloman23

jelloman23 Member

I went to ocala last year and it was fine. A little more alcohol and late nite yelling than i prefer as well as a rave in the lot and lots of A CAMP road dogs as well. It was not my first gathering. (PA "86 was) I thought it was great and I had a wonderful time and i am making plans to go back. I find gatherings are as good as you make them ( as is life) If you dwell in the negative than that is what you reep. If you sow music, love and dance then a you will harvest a bounty of joy.
    see ya in the woods!

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

Where in Ocala is the gathering being held?

19. Barry208

Barry208 Member

The permitted site is called 7 Sisters by the family and Shanty Pond by the FS.

www.floridagathering.info

The unpermitted site (bring beer money for Little Hawk) is at Long Pond about fifteen miles south.

20. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Little Hawk told me he'd be at quartzsite this year... has he changed his mind and decided Ocala instead?

and this year so far the kids at Buck Lake had a keg almost everyday, lol. I'm sure there is still plently of nasty ice money comin' in.... yuck!