wheat gives me a migraine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Boogabaah, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i suffered for the first 35 years of life with a non-stop headache that escalated into a migraine three to seven days a week. i sometimes don't know how i survived. someone suggested that it might be wheat but i disagreed because i can eat a sandwich or pasta and i don't instantly get sick.however, i could never drink any wheat-based alcohols without the instant migraine.
    i decided to give it a try and shortly after my 35th birthday i gave up wheat. it has been a battle. wheat is in a lot of foods that one wouldn't assume it was in. i can no longer eat any flavor of pringles because they all contain wheat.
    a few months went by and one day i noticed i didn't have a headache.
    it was strange.
    it's still strange almost 8 years later to not feel like shit all the time. some things that used to make me feel worse are not that bad anymore. a super hot day is tolerable, perfume doesn't smell sharp anymore, i can cry without the follow-up migraine, if i sleep too much or too little i don't feel like i'm going to die and i can drink tequila and organic wines without getting a headache or migraine.
    now i have about 3 days of bad migraine pain and/or body symptoms a month. i keep track on a calendar and only had 29 migraine days last year. (59 for 2017 and 92 for 2016) so it's getting better and better as time goes by
    if i happen to eat something made of wheat within the next 72 hours i will get a migraine that usually starts with the dull, annoying headache but it only last a day or two and doesn't go on and on

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Gluten may be a trigger for migraines in some people. ... Migraines may even be an early symptom of celiac disease in some people, though migraine is considered a rare complication of celiac disease.Gluten can affect the nervous system in people with celiac disease and people with non-celiac gluten intolerance.

Boogabaah likes this.
  3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

interesting.
    since this body has been dealing with this for so long i now have fibromyalgia because of it... i have all the symptoms, not fun

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

aaaaaaaaaaaaand i have a long list of "do NOT eat" foods that i still do not eat

it's all connected