What's your scene?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Frieden, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Oh, if we're counting things that don't happen very often, that totally changes my answer. I travel out of state at least four times a year, and I enjoy all kinds of fun stuff on trips; rock concerts, blues bars, jazz clubs, places to dance with a DJ, Mardi Gras parades, touring historical places, art museums, walks on the beach, mountain hikes, exploring back roads, and more. It's only around home that I get stuck with the basics; work, eat, sleep, talk online.

2. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I go to the pub every Friday with my old man to have a few too many drinks and a couple games of pool. But I'm more into heading out and going to live music gigs. I prefer death metal but as long as the music isn't cover songs and original, I'm down with it.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i like variety. although more often than anything else i'll end up in a dive bar or at a friend's house.

it's where competitive divers go to utilize a glory hole.

4. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

I like clubs that are all sparkly.

5. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

I dont have a scene im a shut in

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I'm a bartender at a dive bar, and I'm usually in the waitress bartender scene after work. Everything from house parties, chilling and smoking pot, or just whatever. It can get pretty wild.

7. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

One of my favorite scenes is a hole in the wall joint called somewhere else i happened to stumble in there one night all hammered and i was like this aint the pizza joint where the fuck am i and the whole bar screamed at me if you dont know where you are than you're somewhere else.. Well needless to say i pulled up a stool and bought a few libations.. I go there often enough to be known but not a barfly regular lol.. Other than that i like music venues House Of Blues is awesome plenty of music here always something to do if you're up to new experiences.. I'm kinda getting to old for the rave scene though.. Time to hang up my go-go boots i guess :D

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My absolute favorite bar in my town is like 3 bars rolled into one - it stays open late so it's the number one service industry bar in town but it's also in this shitty hole in the wall building in the ghetto so you have people that live in the neighborhood rolling in to play pool. The owner is also really dedicated to promoting local music so at least five nights a week there are 3 or 4 bands playing. So in addition to servers and locals it's usually packed with hipsters and musicians. It's pretty awesome.It takes dive bar to a new level.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I used to be part of the metalscene but they expelled me... :(

10. ClintonsSon

ClintonsSon Yeah......it's Me!!

I'm usually a homebody. Might go out for a special occasion. My "scene" is going to independent pro wrestling things sometimes on the weekends.

11. acuarela

acuarela Member

I don't have a scene. My preferences are concerts, good small restaurants, quiet bars with good beer and my house or my friend's house. I don't go out much and I usually end up wherever everyone else wants to go.

If I still lived in Santo Domingo I'd probably be around electronic music a lot more, the scene there for that is much better than here and people don't have the need to dress like they're going to a circus simply because they're going to a rave. I like that.

12. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I remember when I was in my early 20s I'd be waiting for my wife to get off work downtown and I'd start drinking and before I knew it I'd be calling her from the craziest places.

"I'm at the warehouse"

"The all black club!" "What the fuck are you doing there!?" "You're gonna get shot!"

Ah good times...

13. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

Well, I guess it depends who I'm going out with for the night.

But i usually prefer a nice bar (or restaurant) w/ the option of outdoor seating and some live music if possible. I really like pub style or lounge bars..pool and darts are nice too. I'm not really too picky when it comes to choosing a bar to go to.. especially if I'm out "bar-hopping" w/ friends.. then I end up where I end up haha.

I would have to say I'm not really much of a club guy. I do however enjoy house parties..being in college, I've been to quite a few lol..

I'm also totally fine chillin' with a few friends by a river/lake or simply having a small get together at someone's house or in a basement. Also, any gathering on a balcony/rooftop that has a cool/beautiful view is something I enjoy immensely :sunny:

14. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Looks like alcohol is the common theme here...(sigh) if it was only pot instead of booze.

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You ever been to the Old Toad?

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

that avatar thing you did just got me w this post.

17. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So what?

18. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Live music and entertaining, usually in my home. I love to cook and usually have guests each weekend who love to eat. :)

19. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Pretty simple, I like pot not booze. People get too fucked up in most bars where I live, only ND competes with us for highest consumption per capita.
    I don't mind a beer buzz once in a while, but I'm not fond of being around drunk people in general. It's just a different vibe than I prefer, I would have to be just as drunk to tolerate it.

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Apples and Oranges.