What's your scene?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Frieden, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

When you go out for entertainment, let's say in the evening/night, what's your preferred/typical social scene? Are you into the electronica dance club? Happy hour at Applebees? Gay bar? The country club. The hole-in-the-wall dive? A house party? Please, do tell.

2. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

actually i do all of those depending on the night and who im with. sometimes all in the same night.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

A pub with a good beer selection, a bar with an outdoor patio, or sometimes just a friend's house. Sometimes a club, but only if they play good music. I don't go to clubs much these days, though I did go to a few back in winter.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I only go to tiger heat in los angeles :)

It's a gay club

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Live music.

6. wobs

wobs Senior Member

a pub with good beer and a band playing

7. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Depending on what's happening there and who I'm going with, I go to:

a pub with friends, a house-party, a movie night, a dance club, a cafe with outdoor tables and live music, etc.

As long as I like the music and the company I'm fine anywhere.

PS: I'm not sure what a hole-in-the wall dive is.

8. wobs

wobs Senior Member

neither am i

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

For the past few years I only go out to see live music, and it's usually local bands that I know personally. I haven't really had any use for any other bar scene since I was 23 or so. I do like to grab a couple of beers at a quiet pub or somewhere with an outside patio on occasion. Otherwise I would rather just cook at home and have friends over for dinner and drinks.

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

There is rarely anything fun or interesting going on around here.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont do "entertainment"

a nice drive around town alone listening to my favourite radio station is good enough for me

if a friend come along its just a little better

12. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

The cost of having a sitter come watch the kids for the evening makes going out for entertainment rather expensive. We usually have another couple over for dinner or we just have wine after the kids go to bed and watch a movie.

Pre-kids would have involved going to a pub.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I hang with the hipsters and drive around on my unicycle.

14. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Gay dance clubs, usually, though I often like to watch a good drag show as well.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc"]Blue Oyster Bar - YouTube

16. odonII

odonII O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grN83P-jC4"]Black Lace - Gang Bang - YouTube

17. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

My very favorite is listening to the blues live!! With some fun men and some good beer, and preferably a casual setting like a street fair or park or winery. I also like meeting at Karl Strauss, Chilis, Rubios, or MexiCocina for lunch and beer. Of course, I spend many hours on the tennis court, and have many people I know through several groups. Another favorite thing of mine is to go to a fuck friend's house, get high, laugh, drink beer, listen to music, and fuck. I spend time at the dog park a lot too.

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol well...assuming I actually could go out anymore ... i'd consider going to a rave but most likely I would go see a live band- that's all I've done now n then the past few years. something that I can do and dance...

19. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

There are music shows to go to around here and we go to some of them. Other than that, we drink at home and sometimes go walking around.

20. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

if i find myself at a bar, it's usually a concert venue with a bar, and i may or may not drink.

if i go to an actual bar though, i'd rather it be a hole-in-the-wall dive bar. those are the types that exist where i grew up.
    or a decent "pub" kinda place, with a big draft selection.
    a band playing is usually a bonus, but can be annoying if it's too loud or crappy.

pool and or darts is a nice addition.

i have the most drinking fun when it's not at a bar though - someone's house or on a camping trip or something like that.