Whats your position on flag burning?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cannabis cam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Those days are long gone, along with the original Jeffersonian democracy dying a rather painful death in the civil war, and corporations and lawyers progressively taking over the entire country over the century that followed. George Washington would be horrified, as would even Patrick Henry who was not shy about tar and feathering an innocent captain who was merely transporting cargo. Fuck America, it no longer exists, and I demand my vote and constitution be restored, before I will show them the least respect. You sold yourselves down the river people, and I encourage conservatives to eat each other alive and choke on your own rhetoric.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    CloudyMushroom likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I for one am less suprised :D

3. highlander69

highlander69 Members

no big deal to me..Only a peace of cloth..I wouldn risk my life to stop it from hitting ground

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What's the problem ??? - just a bit of coloured cloth. So what if someone does burn one ??? providing the flames don't burn anything else - no harm done !!!

highlander69 likes this.
  5. wooleeheron

To them, its like spitting in the face of the Queen Mother. There are such things as insults, as hard as they can be to grasp sometimes.

6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Being a Republican, (not a US version though) I have no concern or respect for any of Mrs Windsor's brood whatsoever. I still say both the French and the Russians had the right idea when they dealt with their aristocracy !!!

7. wooleeheron

I'm sure the Queen's guards let you near her to tell her yourself. Without wealth, pride goeth before the fall.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

That's cool, the United States is a free country...but you aren't free to burn a symbol of that freedom!
    Why? Because "free speech" isn't really free.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

But it does bring back the 1960's
    [​IMG]

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So burn the flag if you must, but before you do, you better burn a few other things! You better burn your shirt and your pants! Be sure to burn your TV and car! Oh yes, and don't forget to burn your house! Because none of that exists without several white stripes, several red stripes and a hell of a lotta stars!

10. wooleeheron

Fuck that, after the banks put us 20 trillion in debt and walked away with a slap on the wrist, you are lucky if you can afford to rent anything, before the IRS comes around. You only think you own, because you are used to being in debt to your ears.

11. Jayskit

Jayskit Members

nit very smart

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

don't care for it; free speech or not, it's a symbol about which people fought and died so the many could enjoy their freedom in this country. if I were a flag burner, I would need to find other symbols.

CloudyMushroom and bft4evr like this.
  13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Burn that shit.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

*burns a flag*

Good, all my problems are solved now.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Then why can I find these things in literally dozens of other countries that are not America? Pretty sure I would have my pick of several pairs of pants in either Germany of Canada don't you agree?

16. Flag burning is actually a racist act by people who disrespect their own country's values and rights.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's a meaningless gesture that is done only because some Americans put too much meaning on a flag. So much so ANY discussion is seen as an attack of Democracy. A wise man can love his country so much he speaks out on what is wrong.

Ironically if the Fox news types did not get mad no one would do it. Their emotion drives people to increase that emotion. It only works since they notice. An idea they seem to embrace with Trump.

"Don't piss us off or we will keep burning your flag" easily translates to "don't tell me a women is a man or I will vote for him again". You do and you think someone you don't like can't sleep at night. Ever notice how rare flag burning is elsewhere? It's because people don't give a shit.

If you don't salute it or you burn the magic cloth it will not freedom. Doesn't that sound silly? That is what these people are saying. Sounds more like what you give to a king not a Democracy.

In a world where Nazis are allowed since we can't possibly limit free speech your flag is burned. Don't like well then let's explore some hate speech laws. No Nazis and every magic flag is where it needs to be.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I dunno man, it just seemed appropriate to quote Nelson from the Simpson's.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

No it isn't. How in the world did you bring racism into it?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  20. Because it tells me that somebody really hates their country of birth along with the people living in it with them.
    I think i recall reading about a banned member who does this to the aussie flag each anzac day.

Found this piece of info on it.
    Stacey Abrams' burning of racist flag was a righteous act (Opinion) - CNN