Whats your position on flag burning?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cannabis cam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What about those crazy people pushing others off the train platform? :eek: That was really disturbing news from Germany, and it even was done by different seemingly unrelated people in a short amount of time... Doesn't get more psycho as that! At least a terrorist has an ideological motivation. These guys must be simply disturbed.
    But we may get this beautiful thread off topic. It kinda deserves its own topic. Seriously, pushing a random person waiting for the train under it as it comes... I'm not a violent person but if i witnessed that i would kick his nuts until it was butter.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The Constitution is a piece of used toilet paper and the only rights you have are the ones you are willing to fight for.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't think the constitution says you can own any type of firearm you choose to ;)

MeAgain likes this.
  4. parua

parua Members

No one chooses to be born where they are born. I'm sure many would move from the locations in which they were born (or brought to) if they could pick where they would be relocated, have family moved with them, receive guaranteed job replacement, and not incur costs of relocation. Otherwise everyone has a right - not given by a government or other institutional entity - to like or dislike anything they want.

In the U.S., and many other parts of the world, we also have the right to express that like, or dislike, publicly. If someone doesn't like how someone else expresses their opinion, they have a right to ignore their expression, maturely disagree (like many adults do) , or result to tantrums and name calling (like children do).

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So getting back to the flag....

No one died protecting a flag sewn together from different pieces of cloth, or if they did, they had little understanding of what a national flag is.
    All national flags are merely symbols of a particular nation. They aren't the nation or the people who comprise the nation.
    Those who died for that symbol died to protect the values and norms that that flag symbolized...not a piece of cloth.

Those that died for the flag died not to see freedom restricted, but to see that the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution to all men and women were protected.
    Those that burn the national flag are expressing their freedom to criticize their government.
    Those who wish to physically attack flag burners are the ones who are anti American as they wish to restrict their fellow citizens rights to criticize their own government. They don't believe in personal freedom and they don't believe that the government should ever be criticized. As in a Fascist state, they feel everyone should follow the state dictate.
    Some, like the Sturmabteilung or Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale feel that violence should be used against those who wish to express a different political opinion than themselves. They feel flag burners should be beaten up.

"If you don't like it...MOVE!" I think you meant "Love it or Leave it". A refrain we heard often in the sixties.
    Now it's Trump's racist mantra.
    In other words, if you see what you consider to be an injustice...just look the other way. Don't use your freedom of expression that the founding fathers fought for, just give up, surrender.
    Don't try to better your country, never fight against corrupt power, just take the coward's way out and leave.

That was Ernest Tubb's position in 1970, “It’s America—love it or leave it.”, and Merle Haggard, “If you don’t love it, leave it.”
    In the 1840, it was Catholics, in the 1860's many wanted the blacks to go back to Africa, just leave this country. Now it's Liberals.

[​IMG]

You can't get any more unAmerican than that.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Send me your address, and Ill send you a flag to burn .. Then yinz post a picture of yourselves burning it..

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're advocating violence against people doing something they have a right to do. You move. If you dont like that people have the right to burn a flag you get out

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

We should burn copies of the constitution before we burn any flags, just to make sure everything is legal. The US pays half the bills for the UN, so we could make it international law. Any law that cannot be paid for with cold hard cash is too hot in today's economy. However, its illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse and we should all burn the Mickey Mouse Club flag upside down, along with a roll of toilet paper. A reminder, it is still illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse, but it is your patriotic duty to vote the bums out of office! Send your cash donations to "Shut The Bums Up!" Make reality TV safe for our children again! One hundred percent of all your donations will go to the republican and democratic parties equally.

Note, this law applies to crappy Walmart flags made in China, but its still legal to burn cold hard cash in front of starving people. If you were drowning... I would not lend a hand.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  9. So your beliefs are against the laws of the land? Interesting. You better watch yourself, you’ll get your ass handed to you acting like that.
    Are you joining our military?

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Assault is against the law. If you dont want to follow the laws of this country and respect the rights of other Americans you should just leave.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What got this discussion going again? Has anybody done this in the United States lately? It seemed to go out of style after the Supreme Court said it was okay to do it. (Texas v. Johnson, 1989; United States v. Eichman, 1990)

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If it were a deal, I'm sure they'd be all over it. Does a tree make a noise if it falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it? If I burned a flag in the privacy of my bedroom, would anybody know or care? Does flag burning matter these days if there are no cameras and news crews around to record it?

13. I Would burn the flag right in front of you Grand Prix and dare you to do anything. You would go to jail for me expressing my rights. You would be the dumb one sir.

14. It’s a piece a freaking cloth maybe made in China

15. In fact I’ve seen a lot of American flags made in China

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I think it's a pretty immature act......beyond I couldn't really give a shit!

17. I personally have no point in burning a flag And if somebody else wants to do it I have no problem with it as long as it doesn’t catch a forest on fire.

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It's the emblem of the land I love, home of the free and the brave. Every heart beats true 'neath the red, white and blue...(relatively speaking).

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I said it before and I'll say it again. Just so you know, flag burning isn't my cup of tea. I like the flag. I may not always agree with the flag-waving demagogues who brandish it, but it's still my flag.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

all fakes .. no actions ..
    Im covering the cost of postage and the flag.. Ill even buy you a disposable camera ..

upload_2019-7-31_13-16-10.png