Whats your position on flag burning?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cannabis cam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Same, I was actually going to change mine as I realised I had the colors going down to up rather than up to down, but when I tried it said my signature was now too long. So it is what it is.
    I've had some interesting discussions from people concerning my signature, especially when I first joined. It's like people had never read something like it before. What does it mean! Why do you say this! What are you talking about! Omg the Nazi battle flag!!

Errr. No.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Details like motive matter.

And if they burn their own self bought american flag, the person kicking their ass for it should expect to be beaten into a hospital.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Burning the United States flag is not illegal.

Why would you promote violence against someone exercising their freedom of expression as guaranteed in the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court?
    Just because you disagree with them?

Meliai likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's not something that I particularly agree with... but @MeAgain is correct. I googled it, and it's protected under Freedom of Speech and so forth.

MeAgain likes this.
  5. Indifferent. It’s a piece of cloth That has been multiplied millions of times

MeAgain likes this.
  6. To be more like Antifa maybe?

7. You live in a small town full of small minded jackasses, Grand prix.

MeAgain likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My most recent thought on flag burning is that, burning a flag doesn't actually do anything except pollute the atmosphere. Like believe it or not, but nothing changes in the world if you burn a flag, except toxins released into the atmosphere.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So your position is that if you can afford the monetary penalties for breaking a law and committing violence against a law abiding citizen, it's okay?

Your logic seems flawed here.
    You are equating all flag burning with a disrespect of those who have or are serving our country and or died for it.
    You think the burning of a flag is unAmerican when the Supreme Court in Texas v. Johnson ruled that flag desecration is a constitutionally protected form of free speech. Ya know, American as apple pie.

And finally you believe in violence.

10. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

They will never understand. It's not a scrap pf cloth and thread. It's everything it stands for that's getting slapped in the face. To disrespect the country you live in is the ultimate sin.

Grand prix likes this.
  11. What it does is show that the tyranny of the status quo can be undermined with a simple act of defiance. And it just proves how fake the status quo is when their only counter to that act is one of violence. They're full of shit and the more the symbols of oppression they unite under are destroyed the better. Without their symbols, they have nothing. That's how flimsy their ideals are.

12. And by the way, no one died for a flag. I've known veterans who would be all for burning the flag. The flag isn't a symbol of what they died for. It's a symbol people can unite under to push their own agenda and claim it's patriotism. Like I said, the more flags get burned the better.

13. parua

parua Members

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I see the flag that is blowing today I know that there is something wrong, the colors of democracy should never stand for Germany! Whatever happened to our colors that were flying in the past? We must fight for its reincarnation, to change our flag is a must!

Black, white, red are our true colors!
    For these colors we will fight!
    Black, white, red will crush the enemy!
    And will bring back what is right!

:D

15. Are we still burning pieces of cloth with a few dyes mixed in?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Just wondering why we dont see any of our brave posters burning the flag. Make a nice thread. Got pictures of yourself thread..
    Make one with pictures of yourselves burning the flag..

17. I'm too lazy to burn the flag.

18. I think the real issue is whether or not the flag looks "cool" burning. How does anyone have the right to tell you you can't admire a burning flag. Does it say something deeply political about you that you would admire the vision? I don't think so. I think it just might look fucking AWESOME! Because isn't the flag just SO beautiful that it even looks cool burning?

19. I mean as long as you're not wreckless about it. Have a campfire. Maybe the opposing side is that it's just dangerous to burn flags. Little children cross busy streets. You can't just be throwing burning flags around. You can't have fires in the middle of the streets.

If you want, just buy a miniature flag and burn it and present a framed print of it as a peace offering between the two sides.