Whats your position on flag burning?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cannabis cam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Dogstyle.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Black! White! Red! are our true colors!!

[​IMG]

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A flag of blood and lipstick

Will be unfurled.

All prophecy will fail

And by that light we'll sail.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Never burned a flag or felt the need to but I 100% support it. Anyone who does not needs to examine what "freedom" means to them.
    I don't give a shit if you would not do it or if you think it's unfair. Beauty of that is you have the freedom to not like me for it.

5. Kerri

Kerri Members

I’m all for burning all those loser confederate flags. Why we celebrate a group with no accomplishments is a mystery to me. It’s just a participation trophy.

I don’t like burning of real flags but it doesn’t matter if I like it. You should have the right to burn them in peaceful protest

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Confederates invented the first submarine. That's an accomplishment, right?

7. Kerri

Kerri Members

No some Irish guy invented it. All the conferderates did was quit, lose and then surrender

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They are quite annoying people, plenty of that scene going on here. Loud ass trucks, rude, I can go on and on.

9. Kerri

Kerri Members

It’d be one thing if they’d actually done something (besides treason and losing and quitting) but the needless arrogance is mind boggling. That stupid flag is the ultimate participation trophy

10. Eric!

In all honesty, the flag isn't the issue, it's the attitude and arrogance, as you mentioned. Just think, if they weren't such pricks about it and acted like civilized people instead of a bunch of punks, there really wouldn't be an issue with the flag at all. That's why people want to see all this shit gone, is because the character, or the lack of decent character, that has become a stigma associated with the confederate flag.

Kerri likes this.
  11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The first amendment makes it clear and while I would never burn a flag it’s considered free speech.

As for those idiots who support the Flag Desecration Amendment, the Supreme Court has made its position clear and has struck down all laws banning Flag Desecration

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Eric! and Kerri like this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Not even close to true. In fact, superior infastructure and a larger population is why the Union won in the end.

But the Confederates kicked Union ass for the first three years or so of the war. They had both a cause and superior commanders.

13. Kerri

Kerri Members

Not close to true? What did they accomplish? They quit the country, lost the war, then quit being confederates. What’s not accurate about that? Does it matter they were ahead in the first 3 quarters? Does the reasons they lost mean they didn’t lose? They surrendered.

And it’s 100% accurate an Irish guy invented the sub.

14. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Not impressed.......though.....overall.......I wouldn't give a flying fuck!!!!! It's way down the list of awful things people do/can do.

15. Eric!

And with that, I shall head over to The Butt Thread for some motivation and morale boosting:)

16. Noserider

I don't doubt the sub part. I don't know. I'm taking your word for it. I could Google it to verify, but I seriously doubt you're trying to pull one over on us.

However, the statement that all the South did was lose and surrender is a gross oversimplification, like most one sentence summaries of major historical events.

They were the better army. That's not even debated among historians. They had better commanders. What they didn't have was the population and manufacturing capabilities of the Union. They also didn't resort to a war of attrition as the Union did in desperation. And those things, ultimately, proved to be their undoing.

17. Kerri

Kerri Members

I didn’t say all the south did was lose - I said it’s all the confederates did. They did quit America, lose the war, then quit being confederates. What did the confederacy actually accomplish? Having a better, but losing army, isn’t really much of an accomplishment

ahsorandy likes this.
  18. Noserider

Awesome

19. Kerri

Kerri Members

What am I missing for confederate accomplishments?

20. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Generally on the sidelines, because burned tissue smells awful. However, the sine qua non is that the flag belong to a hostile foreign power such as NK. I certainly don't propose to burn the Canadian flag