What's your favorite place(s)?

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Midget, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I didnt' take what you said at all in a mean way...:p Funny story about Moab, Utah...since I've seen it mentioned a few times. I've never been there, but one day I was walking back from lunch or something with my friend. We passed this truck with this sticker in the window that said "Got Moab?" And I was like hmmmm Moah, Utah...and my friend was like "You always seem to know where such random things are." :p

2. DreamerSpirit

DreamerSpirit Member

Sadly being young, broke, and unable to drive I havn't seen all too much of the USA... I actually havn't really travelled outside of New England in the past few years, except going to upstate New York and Toronto last summer.. but anyways, here are a few of the places which have captured my heart...

Marthas Vineyard, Massachusetts- This dreamy and picturesque island captured my heart from the minute I set foot on its shores. It's natural beauty mixed with its picture perfect little towns, full of galleries and family-owned shops makes it such a lovely place.

Provincetown, Massachusetts- This little town set at the very tip of Cape Cod boasts its own unique, fun, funky, and artsy vibe. Featuring many small unique shops and galleries, a wide array of dining options (including several vegitarian/vegan restraunts), clubs, and plenty of friendly people.

Boston, Massachusetts- Boston is a mix of old and new, upbeat and laied-back. Boston is always fun. Wether it's an afternoon strolling the commons, a nighttime visit tio the theatear district, a morning browsing one of Bostons many museums, an evening shopping and dining with friends, or better yet a day at one of the many protests and rallies that are oh-so often held in Boston, Boston is always a fun city. (also... I love the T... and Harvard square, though Harvard Square is actually a town over from Boston...)

The White Mountain Region, New Hampshire/The Green Mountain Region, Vermont- These regions are abound with natural beauty, from thier rocky mountains to thier crystal lakes and green forests.

3. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

1. Half Moon Bay - California Point Montara Hostel - it's just 30 miles south of SF, it's very chill and relaxing.

2. Big Sur - California - central Cali's coast

3. Humboldt, California - do I have to explain?

4. Hermosa Beach, California - Surf City Hostel - this is the best beach and beach culture that I have ever found, liked it so much I lived there for 2 years. It's about 18 miles southwest of L.A. so it's still very urban, but the "Beach Cities" are way laid back, the people are kind, the air is the cleanest in Southern California, cool Pacific breezes under the hot sun.

5. Hungry Horse, Montana - Glacier National Park is the national park of national parks in the lower 48, the land is enchanted up there.

6. Ithaca, New York - is an awesome way hip upstate town on the Finger Lakes. Great outdoors, the people are a little strange.

7. Tybee Island, Georgia - it's just outside of Savannah which is way spookie and in my opinion the most beautiful city in the U.S. Most of the same history as Charleston, SC to the north, without all of the wanna be hippy college kids and tourists.

8. Seaside, Oregon / Cannon Beach, Oregon / Astoria, Oregon - all off HWY 101 on the north coast.

9. Venice Beach, California - is the epicenter of the weird side of hip culture. I lived there for a total of 2 weeks, I thought I was weird until I explored Venice Beach.

10. Missoula, Montana - the people, the landscape, the weather, it's all great. They have a saying in Missoula, the farther one gets from Missoula the higher the asshole to kind folks ratio increases. There may be some truth to that.

4. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

The whole state of MT.

Garden of the gods in CO Springs

CA: Redwood forest.

TX: Austin

FL: Key west

Driving on the I 80

5. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

There's this city park, in a small place called Park Rapids in Minnesota.

Only the cops and the real cool people know it's there. I wish, Google Earth would get me more details on that area. I'd post some great pics of the countryside there. Unless, I win a million and can go back!

6. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

potosi missouri is pretty cool. anywhere in the ozarks or near the ozarks is great, but potosi is my favourite city here. i also like liberty missouri. don't really know why, maybe because of the jesse james connection. eh.

7. dyinashes

dyinashes Member

id have to say portland is the greatist place ive been....
    nice people, waterfalls near by...good music....
    im from south dakota so i try to get out as much as possble, which usually means a week and a half drive every christmas...wherever sounds good...
    there are some beauiful places here also...the black hills, and the....black hills....lol

8. Boss_as_Diva_Girl

Boss_as_Diva_Girl Members

Just came back from Yellowstone National Park = WOW!

Saw a mumma bear and her 2 cubs close by which was super nice. I want to start doing some more traveling especially to other National Parks. Anyone travel to other national parks on a regular basis??

granite45 likes this.
  9. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Regularly no but have been to Yellowstone a few times. It is spectacular! Glacier National Park is also beautiful.

In Yellowstone I have seen bears, wolves, bison elk and moose and of course all the geothermal features. There's no other place like it!

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

12. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yellowstone is magnificent. We used to live in Montana and regularly visited both Yellowstone and Glacier. Now live in Western Washington and about an hours drive from Olympic National park and one and a half hours from Mt Rainier National Park. Went to both a few weeks ago and frolicked on the Pacific beaches, walked in the rain forest, and hiked around Paradise.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter