whats your favorite movie trilogy

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kjhippielove88, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not sure how comforting this is to you but I'm certain the amount wasn't the cause of she getting aids

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Asmo we don't want to know how you are certain of that.

3. Asmodean

I applied the scientific method.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hated Lord of the Rings, bored me to tears

I would have to say Star Wars first

But also, no one seemed to mention the Chris Nolan Batman Films, that was a Trilogy

Also, I love all the Terminator movies, 4 and 5 get a bad rap IMO. I'd put Terminator 2nd after Star wars

Oh, and Rambo

Oh, and you know what I want to see, Rush Hour 4, Rush Hours, they were good movies

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Terminator 4 and 5? Bro, T3 sucked hardcore too. That movie doesn't get a bad enough rap. 5 and 4 are better IMO than T3, with that wussy John Connor actor.

There I am in the cinema, a vibrant young early twenties female, going to see a childhood crush as depicted as a yummy delicious late teen and or similar to my age? Maybe??

And there he is, with tears in his eyes no cheeky grin, not even semi long God damned undercut diagonal cut hair! noooo.. He'd turned into an emotional metrosexual sissy boy. :sob::sob:

Him and Claire -Plain Jane- Danes are gonna save the world while they sob in a bunker.. That's not the real John Connor.. John Connor was a rebel, and a soldier, and a bad ass. And the only time he cried was because when his mom told him off for helping break her out of a mental institution.

-spit on T3 John Connor-

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

John Connor (played by Nick Stahl) was miscast in T3

He wasn’t likable, and yes you’re correct he was a complete wuss

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOL, T3 came at the time when pretty much every lead actor had to be a sensitive new age metrosexual. But I love the ending to that movie

Edit: Actually, T3 does get a bad rap, I love everything about it except the woosy John Connor

Theres that car chase with the crane, it has Arnie, a real Arnie not a cartoon one, the car chase with the doggy wash van, crashing the helicopter at the end....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Irminsul likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nick Stahl.. Yeah I won't be watching any of his movies if I can help it. He wasn't on game of thrones by any chance was he? :sweatsmile:

9. hotwater

Missing in Action

[​IMG]

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Whyyyyyyy? It was a complete pointless ending. They weren't going to save the world anyway, or stop skynet, why didn't Arnie just take them to the bunker? Some of the last words were John Connor said we "it didn't matter what we did, we could never stop it" and we already knew that was the case by watching the 2nd one. :sweatsmile: like it didn't actually explain Anything, it was just a money maker

And I hated the female Terminator. Tbh most everyone I speak to says that in the Terminator movies at least, Linda Hamilton is not portrayed to be attractive and this I think is a huge factor in why I love these sorts of movies because it's just action and not selling on sex personality. T3 ruins it for me here. And she makes her breasts grow larger.. Come on..

Oh and then they make Arnie wear some gay star glasses and humiliate him? It was appalling. I hated them for that! I lost respect for him too. :(

11. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    When it comes to T3 your right on most points but not when it comes to Kristanna Loken who is/was smoking hot as T-X

[​IMG]

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Straight guys think that. I didnt really care who the Terminator was

Actually if I remember correctly, that movie was her first big break, then she told everyone she was a lesbian, then she didnt have a career anymore, showed up on the L word a few years later

......now, at this point I thought I d better look her up on Wikipedia, double check

So 1 year after being on the L word, she marries a guy.....then divorces him, then dates a woman, then years after that she is with a guy again, has a kid....flip flopper

Names the kid Thor...better than naming it Ant man I suppose

Irminsul likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which reminds me, no one mentioned any Marvel Movies

Captain America in particular as a trilogy was pretty solid

14. hotwater

Resident Evil trilogy with Milla Jovovich

15. hotwater

Batman

[​IMG]

16. Asmodean

The Terminator ends with Terminator 2 in my world. What comes after was so shitty i don't even acknowledge its existence

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That's how I feel with Alien and ending it after Alien 3. Not only was Alien: Resurrection terrible and campy, the whole plot was so ridiculous, there was barely any connection to the first 3 other than some superficial aspects.

My thoughts on Alien 3...

Alien 3 was a drop off from the first two but it primarily suffered from trying to use CGI or whatever computer effects before it was a mature technology. However it's got a few of the most iconic scenes in the trilogy, such as the Alien right up against Ripley's face, Ripley's shaved head and Ripley jumping into the molten pit as the chest burster rips through her chest.

I feel like Terminator 3 had potential but Arnold rehashed alot of the same quips and didn't seem really into it. T-800 felt more comic relief than iconic figure. I actually thought Lokken did a decent job as a Terminator but I agree with Irm about the boob enlargement scene, that was corny and I don't think she was given a good script to work with.

Aside from the ending, I felt like T3 lost the edge the first two had..

Asmodean likes this.
  18. Asmodean

I really need to rewatch Alien 2 and onwards to give it proper judgement (and i was planning on this :) ), but if I recall right in Alien 3 Ripley arrives at a male only prison on some remote planet or in space itself (probably planet) and you have that scene where she's in a sickbay there, with a window view out on space.
    Anyway, I really liked how the particular world and society Alien takes place in was visualized, esp. such a quaint aspect of it like that prison. But also how that sickbay with space view in my recollection looked. I love those details of that future. It's quite different than for example Star trek.
    I also always liked how these crew members can smoke in their spaceships :-D Usually in the mess only as i thought, which is fitting. It was the same in the game Alien: Isolation: there were build in ashtrays in the mess 'hall' on that first ship. It's just how things work in that future society apparently. Which is very corporation and money driven based as it seems

19. hotwater

Pitch Black (2000) with Vin Diesel
    The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
    Riddick (2013)

20. Asmodean

^
    Best movies i saw with Vin Diesel, that's for sure

hotwater likes this.