Whats your favorite horror movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by kif, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Ok, I admit, it's kind of a stupid movie but in a freaky kind of way. Dee Synder is so badass. ...

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I don't see slasher films as horror, they are scary, but horror movies are a genre that I feel have a supernatural aspect. Sure, Texas Chainsaw scared me as a teen, but for reasons other than spooky things happening. The original 'The Hills Have Eyes' was one that is on the borderline of horror/slasher to me. 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' with Donald Sutherland was a good one, and I liked 'Jacob's Ladder', despite how confusing it was.
    Most horror movies are too formulaic for me, especially the recent multiple sequel favorites, Halloween, Nightmare on elm street, and Friday the 13th. When I was a kid, horror movies were far more impressive to me, and even 'The Exorcist' lost alot of its power over me in later years.
    The 70's horror classics like 'The Omen', 'It', and 'Rosemary's Baby' are also good, imo. That era was the peak of horror for me, and later films relied too much on shock and visual effects, instead of suspense and mystery.

3. SweetMarie

SweetMarie Member

The first Halloween will always be my favorite Horror movie! Other good ones, though are the original When A Stranger Calls, Hellraiser 2, The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare On Elm Street 1............there's actually too many to list!

4. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

MY FAV...tHE lORD OF THE iLLUSION

5. JackAttack

JackAttack Member

Definitely the Exorcist, The fist one of course. Makes me piss on my pants.

6. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

The Saw movies are my favorite I guess. I hate to watch them cause they are scary but love the plot line. It's fucked I know.

7. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

The first two Hell Raiser movies. It went into a steep decline after that. Actual 5 and 6 weren't bad, but they were obviously taken over by a different director. He redeemed 3 and 4, but it never really quite reached the status of the first two IMO.

8. MatthewShane

MatthewShane Banned

I have many..The excorcist still scares the fuck outta me more than any! The people under the stairs. The freddy's and jasons..aside from a few. Texas chainsaw the remake I loved. American Haunting was good! Scream..the Saw's//many you mentioned I felt the same..so good job!

9. hazzydays

hazzydays Member

the first friday the 13th----------

10. NumberNineDream

NumberNineDream Member

Hmm..... There are a few...

A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Burnt Offerings
    Last House on the Left

11. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

The Texas Chainsaw Masacre is pure gold for a horror flick. I also love the Evil Dead movies, especially the second one.

12. madcat

madcat Member

I watched Number 23 and Hills have Eyes and it wsa very scary... And I heard this different and sound interesting horror film this year title "SHROOMS"...... Anyone seen the trailer of this film???????

Look at this cool poster of SHROOMS....
    [​IMG]

13. Sloburned

Sloburned Member

Shrooms...lol...a bunch a kids getting high...lol...I'm definatelly going to watch this!I have to say I love those teen horror movies,best thing to watch enjoying your pizza!Anyway,as for my fav,I'd say "The Omen".I'm also a huge fun of the Hellraiser movies,even the latest sequels were decent,except from the last one "Hellworld",that was just awful.

14. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

Teen movie Nightmare on Elm Street is my fav one!

15. CeeDee

CeeDee Member

At the moment Hostel!!

16. tworupeesoul

tworupeesoul Member

the evil dead ones

the texas chainsaw massacre
    the blair witch project

[​IMG]

17. madcat

madcat Member

Love to watch a horror film at cinema....I feel curious and excited to judge this upcoming hororr film of Paddy Breathnach's "SHROOMS"
    [​IMG]
    RELEASE DATE:NOVEMBER 9, 2007

18. ghing

ghing Member

Chainsaw massacre.. exorcist.. evil dead..

19. madcat

madcat Member

"SHROOMS"
    RELEASE DATE: NOV. 9, 2007 AT ALL UK CINEMA
    Sure, the moon as a skull thing has been done before. But this is a very good implementation of that concept. It cleverly includes the movie’s premise, which involves a bunch of teenagers getting high on mushrooms. And it also conveys a scary but still humorous mood, which I imagine is what the movie is going for.

Before I saw this poster I didn’t even know this movie existed. Now I’m curious about it. So, it works for me.

[​IMG]

20. LostLass

LostLass Member

The Haunting ... a ghost story made before CGI, when actors had to really act
    The Changeling ... very creepy ghost story. One of George C. Scott's last movies
    The Uninvited ... circa 1938. Terrific ghost story
    Ghost Story ... based on Peter Straub's novel
    The Shining ... Stanley Kubrick version. While it didn't follow the book, it was awesome

Hmm ... I'm sensing a pattern here ... 5 out of my 5 favorite horror movies are ghost stories.