Whats your favorite horror movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by kif, Aug 18, 2005.

1. John221

John221 Senior Member

The Ring's pretty good, both versions. Also, anything old and lame with terrible SFX, so that I can laugh at it.

2. Little_Wing

Little_Wing Member

i find that the scariest movies are those horror-religion themed ones, Stigmata is a good movie, perhaps it only scared me though!

3. Angie_Watts

Angie_Watts Member

Silence of the lambs. Anthony Hopkins is PERFECT to play Hannibal Lecter. Lecter is interesting man, he can be charming, but he is so fucking clever, and that's why he's so scary....

Also Jodie Fosteris absolutely brilliant, and she is one of the best actresses we have.

I never get bored with this movie, and I'm always nearly as afrais as at the first time I saw it! Absolutely great!

4. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

man i'm still afraid of alfred hitchcocks, man i can't think of the name of it, where janet leigh gets killed in the shower, my memory sucks, what's the name of that damned movie, anyway i still don't take showers if i'm alone in the house

5. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

paper house is great it was known as the 'thinkers nightmare on elm street'
    speaking of I like that series but I think the third is the best theres something really speical about how the kids get toghether against Freddy that they just don't top in any of the rest.

Psycho, not you thats the name of the movie
    S

6. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

The Ring scares the hell out of me!! I can't even look at a TV for weeks after i watch that movie.. I saw The Exorcism Of Emily Rose last saturday and i thought it was pretty good, i for sure screamed a lot :p I started to watch Stigmata but i couldn't finish it, that stuff seriously scares me.. I haven't seen Psycho yet, but i've seen the shower scene and damn.. i think about that everytime i take a shower.. damn that scene

7. Dariah

Dariah Member

The Shining

and not that modern piece of shit they aired on tv a couple years ago.

8. blue-yellow-peace

blue-yellow-peace Member

Dog Soldiers is the best horror movie i have ever seen and Saw 1 & 2 are also pretty good

9. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

nice call on dog soldiers, bummer about the saws...

10. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

ALLLLLLL HITCHCOCK - the man was a GENIUS!
    The Shining
    Saw
    trilogy
    Hills Have Eyes (both versions)
    Village of the Damned (1960 only)
    etc. - I don't feel like listing a million titles right now.

11. Nirvana56789

Nirvana56789 Member

Night of the Living Dead!!!

12. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

Bad Moon is my favorite...I loved the German Shepherd in it (Thor). If you haven't seen it, you should!

13. Justyna

Justyna Member

Rosemary's baby, It, The Wolves Company, The Others, 28 days later, Omen, Dracula by Francis Ford Coppola, The Ring, The Shining.

14. Peace Child

Peace Child Member

Faces of Death is all I have to say... Definately the goriest movie ever made. If your squeemish do not watch it. P.S. The money scene is just plain sick.

15. Jesus the Jedi

I would hardly say Faces of Death is the goriest movie ever made, nor would I say its even close. Most of it is fake anyway.

16. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

The Halloween Series except for number three.

17. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

White noise was pretty scary...

18. Wuko

Wuko Member

Whow... I liked the Rob Zombie movies, House of Corpses and The DevilĀ“s Rejects, to mention the new ones...
    Peter JacksonĀ“s old ones are great, too, real comedy-splatter (Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles & Braindead)
    The original Texas Chainsaw was pretty cool, 28Days Later, and lots of B-Movies...

19. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

The Ice Cream Man, Childs Play #1, Children of the Corn, Pet Cemetary, All the Freddie Cougar movies etc. These probably aren't the best made movies ever but I LOVED them as a child, so I hold them dear to me....a little sick but whatev. The Devil's Rejects kinda freaked me out as did Dee Snyder's Strangeland and The Texas Chainsaw Masacre-The beginning. I'de say the majority of the newer horror movies blow balls though.

20. Jesus the Jedi

I have yet to see Strangeland, I've heard mixed things.