What's your dream home like?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by metro, May 22, 2004.

1. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

umm well i want a forest in my backyard.....

a lake reallllly close by...

and a small lil house... painted umm..... green and all the rooms will be painted a different color.. and ill have freshly cut flowers in every room...

the kitchen will be the best room.. i love to cook so its gonna be special

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

have you ever seen roger deen's alblum covers, or antonio gaudi's park guell? or visited the flying concrete home page? remember ant farm (the west coast based arcitectural consortum who called themselves ant farm back in the 60s and 70s)? seen organicly sculptural shapes made with ferro-cement (even understand the concept of what 'ferro-cement' is)?

funkey environmental enrichment without austentation or for that matter any great deal of conventionality. that would be my dream home. earth bermed with many earth ship components. could start with anything from a surplus iso contatiner, prestressed 8' diamiter culvert pipe sections, even a self contained trailer, but the primary thing is to grow like the winchester mystery house. sure some things you'd want to have for convenience like your kitchen work triangle, and sleeping places insulated from noise sources by distance and multiple twists and walls, but mostly it's a matter of UNexpected twists and convolutions, no arbitrary regularity of arraingements, though modular construction components are perfectly ok, as long as the're assembled in sufficiently immaginative and unexpected ways, and everything isn't limited to being made with them.
    i think the main thing is it would be surrounded by gardens and those by forrest and delightfull little windey half mile trail would lead along with those from other similar housing arraingements to the stopping place for a little people sized battery powered narrow gauge m.u. and these 'houses' emphasise the 'humaness/intimacy/interestingness' of their abundant transitional indoor/outdoor spaces. so much so this last that it might not even be obvious that there was anything resembling a house there behind and or beneath them.

3. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

a painted lady with shag carpeting and neon crazy daisies on the walls

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

I wanna live here.

5. Erin

Erin Member

mine would be a cottage, massive kicthen wood floors for sock sliding, sunkin lounge room with a big open fire (not that i'll use it ;) hehe ) varander all the way around perfect place to have cones at the end of a hard day with views of green hills and bush on yets say 100 acres of some sort of horticture set up maybe organic fruit and vegies...
    my garden would be a mix of english cottage x australiana. a little room for a cow and a lamb or 5. an old clysdale (splL??) that you can just ride bare back, maybe a llama and a peacock and some chocks and geese... a dirt bike track up the top, teach the kids how to ride their first dirtbike at the age of 3...

little jettie by the dam, with some ducks, willow trees, swamp gums.

DREAMS ARE FREE! SO DREAM BIG!

6. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

Umm, mine would be in Nelson, preferably one on a hilly type place with a beach view. I'd also like a stream running through it.
    Then it would be a one story slightly rambling oldish house, wooden and painted white with a pale grey trim, a wrap-around verandah and pink climbing roses all over it...I'd like a huge garden with flowers, big trees and a vegetable/herb garden to work in.

7. Random_Zephyr

Random_Zephyr Lifer

mine would be a hobbit hole

8. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

It's a bungalow out in a small commune; a nice breezy bungalow I can settle down in and sit on the porch all day listenin to music with my girl.

That would be so sweet.

9. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

a gothic castle by the sea, or a cozy lakefront house

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I adore the houses in Sedona, AZ - they look like sand castles, they're part of the land! I don't know what that style is called though... if anyone knows what I'm talking about.... but a house like that, on an acre property - and have a fully stocked garage for my husband to work on his car, and a new age room just for me, for all my incense and crystals and such... A kitchen with loads of windows so I can grow herbs indoors, a bay window in each of the other rooms, hardwood floors, and every room is a bold new colour. Beaded curtains in every doorway. And I'd love to have a couple trees growing around the house, a few fruit trees (each one different) and a lilac tree growing somewhere is a must, I love lilacs. Oh, and of course, a kick-ass vegetable garden that my husband and I can live off of 12 months a year...