What's your browser??

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by old tiger, Sep 26, 2011.

1. rak

rak Senior Member

Those are the exact questions I ask when I want to hit on somebody. Whisch browser do you most prefer?

2. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

well to answer your question or curiosity...it's Seamonkey 2.32 version

3. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

@oldtiger, I'm a dinosaur with computers in general but I have found Firefox to be quite satisfactory. I only use IE where I don't have a choice.
    I plan to buy a new laptop as soon as Windows 10 gets its bugs sorted out, then I'll have to consider which browser to use but I'm familiar with Firefox so I'll probably start there.
    I do a lot of searching on the net, (Esp. Eastern Europe and Old Soviet Union,) so I would like to find something that will help me to avoid malware of all types. Again, I plan to be using Windows 10 in the next few months.

4. rak

rak Senior Member

Booh, I use Firefox. I'm afraid we have no future together. LOL

5. hildegardgruener

hildegardgruener Members

I use Chrome and Firefox mostly.

6. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

Google Chrome ) simplified design, fast speed, love from 1st use )

7. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I use Firefox with AdBlock Edge and Ghostery. Though, Ghostery blocks all trackers and cookies, it can cause script errors with certain java or flash applications. I've noticed it gives me trouble with HipChat now and then. You can choose to turn it off for specific websites though.

I also found a way to speed up Firefox!
    You really only need to tweak the first 3 settings to notice a nice improvement in Firefox and website loading speed, but feel free to experiment.

Here's a link to a tutorial video

http://youtu.be/o1ykdsp4Wbc

For ADVANCED users... There are tons of other settings to tweak, which I'll provide in a link below. In case you go to far and want to revert to default settings, just click the menu button, click the little question mark, then click "Troubleshooting Information" and from there click the "Refresh Firefox..." button. Doing this may or may not remove your bookmarks, add-ons and other settings though. As long as you use Firefox Sync in the options menu though, all your settings will load automatically upon signing in!
    On any Firefox browser from any computer, I might add!

I couldn't find the original link, but this one is pretty comprehensive with about:config tweaks and has a lot of info how give Firefox a nice speed boost!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-ultimate-guide-to-speeding-up-firefox-3-5/

Also, in case you really screwed up or just want Firefox gone for good, here's a COMPLETE uninstall guide.
    Simple Add/Remove Programs uninstall leaves a ton of Firefox information behind. This is how to get rid of it.

http://blog.techdreams.org/2007/08/how-to-uninstall-firefox-completely-and.html

If you need help send me a PM! :)

8. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Chrome on CN and Tor for DW. On Kali Linux, Iceweasel. DuckDuckGo for searching by the way if anyone wants a non-logged search history.

9. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Add HTTPS Everywhere to your browser as well.

10. raysun

raysun D4N73_666 4861786f72

At the moment I am using Vivaldi and Iceweasel on Debian testing

11. tallend

tallend Members

Mostly I use Firefox, best one from my sight - but there is always a but - depends on the computer, like in university or work i mostly use Google Chrome.

12. SteveJackson1979

SteveJackson1979 Members

Mozilla most times

13. kuriiroobi

kuriiroobi Members

I've been using since 2009 Google Chrome and I really enjoy this browser. The biggest advantage is that with my Google-Account I have the same data both on my PC and on my notebook.

On my PC I've also installed Mozilla, but I use it really rarely.

14. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I use Google chrome.

15. ultravio1et

ultravio1et Members

I can never make up my mind, normally switch between Vivaldi, Cyberfox and Opera. only use Firefox on my tablet as its one of the only mobile browsers to have addons

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

iceweasel for regular stuff, tor browser for that other stuff, you know DNM and ... some other stufff. I've been known to use tor over VPN for when I'm really paranoid.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

18. HackySackBoy

HackySackBoy Members

Most of the time I’m using Safari (although I like Google Chrome and even Mozilla as well).

19. everdeenkatniss257

everdeenkatniss257 Members

Mostly i'll use Firefox....

20. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018