What's your bedroom look like?!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Angeldustblossom, May 19, 2004.

1. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

Mine is an ugly purple color that I'm going to re-paint green this summer. I have a lot of posters of animals and a couple Smashing Pumpkins posters. I have a bunch of Green Day postes and a Legolas poster two. It's pretty boring, actually. I'm going to redue it this summer.

2. carnelian

carnelian Member

my room has darkblue walls and my furniture are white and black. i have black long curtains, art i've made myself standing on the floor since i don't have money to get them framed. i have two shelves with my little ponies wich i collect, a shelf with empty bottles of whine, looots of candles and candlerelatted stuff and lots of stars everywhere. my favorite furniture is a black starshaped table with three shelves wich i made myself. um, what more? i have posters of kurt cobain over my bed, a shelf with angels, some dragons, fairies, a wolf, a ashtray in the shape of a marijuana leaf, a medieval dress hanging, a sewing machine on the floor.

3. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

I have a cinnamon red carpet and 'celectial sun yellow' walls. (real pretty. i love yellow) i have these nice wooden dressers my parents got me when i was 2 and my computer desk, which is just a crappy fake wood desk, but serves its purpose:)

i have no closet doors, but have prayer flags hanging over them and a window painted inside on the one side because i was bored one day and had tons of paint left over from class.

i have a bob marley tapestry as my one window curtain and my other window curtain is a tapestry with the same colors that my aunt got when she lived in india.

i have a huge dead poster, and a bunch of concert posters and col pictures on one wall, like a big mural. my other wall is the dressers and a nice celestial sun mirror (similar to one of these http://www.balifurnish.com/mirrorbaliwoodframe.html ) but not quite the same..

between my windows i have a really pretty sun wall hanging i got ina tibetan store ina nearbye town.

my head of my bed is under the one window and along the wall with the murals. its got a really pretty paisley bedspread with red and deep green and a few shades of blue and white and yellow... its a pretty paisley, though and i realy like the border design...

the last wall is my closet, my computer desk, and shelves with my guinea pig's home on a table at the bottom and books and my stero and all the good stuff on the shelves

its hard to describe my room, eventually i'll take pics and post them i guess. i think my rooms coming along really cool.

i just like my nicknacks i pick up at garage sales. i have mini african drums, all these things i made in ceramics classes, two wood carved buddha satues i picked up somewhere, my guitar (of course :) ) and last year for my bday i got a really nice wooden doorbead set and a stained glass peakock lamp. (so pretty!!) and such.
    oh, and cant forget my ceiling! glow in the dark stars all over and i hung those cheap plastic parachute men in a few spots which is cool when my fans on... they twirl about... its fun looking, if nothing else! haha
    nots ure how much this helps you invison my room.

4. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I have large furniture and a very small bedroom... LOL My bedroom set consists of a HUGE headboard and long dresser with round mirror. They are black laquer (sp?). The headboard is about 5 feet tall. It has cabinets and glass shelves, on either side, and two huge mirrors (with lights), in the back. The dresser matches the headboard. I also have a matching chest of drawers, but it is in my son's room. :)

The decor in my room is mostly memory-filled, sentimental stuff. My walls are decorated with family photos, as is the top of my headboard. I have trinkets that I inherited, when my mom died, decorating the shelves and back of my headboard. As well as candles and other things that have been given to me.

The top of my dresser is a mess. It is always a mess, as it is very utilitarian. I have jars with cotton balls, hair ties, makeup... All sorts of useful stuff... It's also the favored hang out, of my cats... :)

5. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

Thats basically my room.. we just moved in so fixin up my room was my christmas present

6. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

I wouldn't go with red if I were you because they say that it's not relaxing so it could affect your mood in a negative way. I've never been a big fan of brown myself, but have you considered a shade of orange?
    peace,
    Moonjava

7. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

I dig the neon guitar! Very groovy! And what part of TX are you in? Obviously not the same area as me because there are too many beautiful trees outside your window. ;)
    Peace,
    Moonjava

8. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

My room's a dark lime-green color. It's fun and crazy with aliens all over the place *including an alien quilt my mom and I made* but I'm planning to do some redecorating this summer.
    Peace,
    Moonjava

9. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I live in a small town called willis its right on the border of conroe by houston lol. Ya my step dad owns these acres but back behind there is an ink factory lol and a country highway.. SO basicly i live in the country sorta but its turning soon alll the trees will be gone. There is this beautiful lake and trees across the street but they are going to put a fucking neighborhood there. We have 3 acres of land by the way he hhe......

peace
    chickens

10. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

no paint on walls cuz mobile home.... you have to do alot of shit to the wall exterior to get to look halfway decent. also have a couple trippy swirl posters perfect for shroomerites, sponge bob posters, a wall covered in my/friends pencil art, a kurt cobain devotion wall, and the wall above my bed is covered in a bunch of weird hippy stuff and papers with info on stuff i've done. (parties/concerts/whatnot). i have a queen size bed with a bunch of mismatched blankets, a bookshelf with lots of fantasy books and fantasy games, a shelf with different slots of make-up, tins, CDs, a giant stereo player. i got a TV sitting on a desk. and another desk under the kurt cobain stuff holding his diaries, all my best CDs, inscence holder and a shroom insence holder for those giant insences that are like a foot long that i get in the smoke shop nearby. my blue electric guitar. basically a giant bed, one coffee table with shelves on top, two desks, a book shelf, a chest. also have a large walk in closet with shelves lining it, a couple dressers and a wardrobe plus area for shoes.

11. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Well, it's small, uh, has a drawer set, then a small chair I always sit in when I watch TV, then a small table with two drawers for my remotes and pens and pencils then my bed which is in front of my wall unit.

My wall unit has a tv, cablebox, VCR, DVD player, and stereo, all my cds, and a shelves of movies, then I have a large wall unit with movies there along the shelves, some books and my walls are plastered with posters from movies and Led Zeppelin.

I'm a huge movie fan so I have eight large shelves of recorded and original movies. I have about 2500 movies in my collection.

1. I have a large hand drawn poster I made of daredevil
    2. I have a small section of my wall devoted to Star Wars
    3. I have a bulletin board where I put pictures of actresses I have the hots for
    4. then a bunch of horror movie posters
    5. a led zeppelin poster with the final verse from Stairway to Heaven.
    6. AND a large poster of all the band members from Zeppelin which is above my tv where I can look at it all the time. It's the centerpiece of my room.

My room is my sanctuary, my safe haven and I love it.

12. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

No door beads or candles (yet), but it is pretty cool. I've got a big rainbow, peace sign, and flowers painted on one wall, a happy face poster at the head of my bed (a mattress), an old bed made into a couch for watching TV, paint splatters and smaller peace signs all over my walls, and various other hippie stuff.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

my husband's side of the room is covered in car stuff... mine has a book shelf of my fave books and balls of yarn....

14. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

my bedroom kinda bugs me... i'm not even sure why. I like it for the most part, but it can be too crazy at times. it is the result of friends coming over adn painting random things, and myself too.. it's too peace-love-happy for my tastes at times.. i couldn't control a good portion of it tho. ahhah anyhow,

[​IMG]

annnd..

[​IMG]

Ta-da? :rolleyes:

(there's actually another side.. i didn't get a pic of it for some reason... and in case you didn't guess, my bedroom is the attic.)

15. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

I have always loved attic rooms.
    My bedroom is a mess as always. Our walls are white. Our carpet is tan. Our furniture doesn't match. I do have a neat old dresser with a round mirror. :) We are getting ready to move (finally!) and I hope to find a more interesting house. Or at least to have more time to paint and make it interesting!

16. thecrowing86

thecrowing86 Member

My bedroom is OK. I have a couple of big floor plants with bamboo sticks in the pots, a plaid couch usually occupied by my guitars, an amp with a tiny TV on it (plus a massive tinfoil ball which is how I get my 7 channels), a broken computer, windchimes, N64, tiny TV, and a bunch of painting stuff. I also have a tiny deck which is soon to be turned into a little jungle once it gets warmer : )

17. EMMAh

EMMAh Senior Member

My room is so small and messy. I like the clutter though :)
    I'll try to take pictures of it later to post if I remember...

18. Hipmoon

Hipmoon Member

Well last year I got my very first bed ever! For years my husband and I slept on a mattress on the floor (saved money to buy our girls beds and stuff). Then last year my husband bought us this beautiful bed. It was probably one of the best gifts ever.

It's cluttered. Bookshelves full of music and books, a dresser that you can never see the top of and beautiful serengeti green walls!

19. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'll have pics soon, when I can make my digicam work, but basically you walk in and there's bead doors, the walls are painted yellow and blue, daffodils, crystals, a painted lamp, and some books on my nightstand. The bed has pink blankets and 3 teddys and my cat. My dresser has a painted TV, painted phone, drawers with cards glued to them, plus on top it has my wooden snail, a houseplant, and my gecko's terrarium. On the walls theres a poster of Bob Marley, and some records I painted on, a few paintings (are you noticing a pattern here? I do enjoy painting just a tad :p), a coat hook thing covered in a dozen ponchos, and Christmas lights. On the floor I have a (painted!) CD player, pile of CDs, sketchbook, notebooks, and crayons all in the corner. I guess a picture will describe it better! I rather like my bedroom, though it could stand to be more colorful...I want it lime green and fushia, or a cool purple :)

20. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

As of right now, it is a fricken' disaster area because of sorting through all of my crap for a yard sale, and also packing up some stuff for possibly moving. But as it was last decorated, here is how it would and should NORMALLY look:
    Floor is a dark blue carpet, bedd is just a mattress and box spring on the flooor with sheets and an awesome patchy quilt and some pillows. I have a night stand, 2 dressers and a what-used-to-probably-bhe-a-night-stand that I have my CD player and inscence bottle on. But anyway, all those dessers and stuff are painted like a brown. One of my dressers has my comic book collection on it, which another has a stack of guitar magazines. In one corner, near my CD player I have my Electric guitar, amp, and effects pedals, and close by is my acoustic guitar. I have a TV and crap like that, and some game things I never play unless other people are around. Umm, I have light blue walls that have a bunch of posters on it (Bob Marley, Grateful Dead, The Who, groups like that... A woodstock flyer looking thing, a picture of that guy sticking a flower in the MP's gun barrel... and let us not forget the like super- poster (about 6 foot tall) Bob Dylan the Times They Are A Changin'. There are others, but I am not there so I can't remember them all).

That is about it... I want to get some door beads but will probably do so AFTER (when/if) we move.