What's Wrong With Having Daddy Issues?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Candybuttons, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

My husband is very confident, but not a dick. I don't think the two are synonymous. If anything, 'dicks' are usually insecure, and pretend to be confident, I've found. When people (regardless of gender) are confident, they just ...are. It's obvious, and not something that he/she needs to declare by acting out like a jerk. Again, being a dick is not a sign of confidence.

A lot of men out there tell women what they like or should like, as if we are all alike. Those types of men are usually...''dicks.''

Candybuttons likes this.
  2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I think a lot of times, when someone says they have daddy issues, this is the kind of reason I initially assume they have. At the very least this is similar to my girlfriend's situation, though. I don't even see it as an "issue" to be honest.

I always want to be someone's big brother, for example, and I know that comes from my being an only child. This can get into a fetish territory a little bit in my case at times, but that doesn't mean the whole thing has to be viewed as something negative. Some people might call it a brother/sister issue, except I've never really perceived it as an "issue" per se. In fact, I have gained brothers and sisters in some of my good friends over the years, and these friendships are very secure and stable due to the way we perceive them as being family-like.

Just because one has a daddy issue doesn't necessarily mean that all the men one ends up with have to be douchebags. The way I see it, it's more of a personal preference when a girl prefers to be with older men provided that she didn't grow up in an abusive environment. Same thing can be said about guys who generally gravitate toward younger partners as well. These things are only issues when they start causing problems in a relationship.

Candybuttons likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Notice how in the third paragraph you say "provided that she didn't grow up in an abusive environment", but in the first paragraph you say "I don't even see it as an "issue" to be honest"

So if she did grow up with an abusive father she shouldnt be with an older man, or if she is with an older man it can only be because she wants an abusive relationship.

I think you do see it as an issue to be honest

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

How about the counter-argument that "All men really want their "Mummys?" That is generally not considered weird. I think in relationships men and women often touch upon playing both roles, as and when needed.

Candybuttons likes this.
  5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

No, I merely said I don't really consider it as an issue if the absence of a father figure was the cause of wanting to be with older men, provided that abuse wasn't taking place during childhood. In fact, I've found that sometimes those with actual daddy issues, the ones who probably need help, are the ones abused by their mothers, not fathers. I've met many girls who were daddy's girls, but their relationships with their mothers were horrible.

I never said anywhere in my previous post that suggested a woman shouldn't be with an older man if she had an abusive father, nor did I say a woman with an older man is only after an abusive relationship.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    But you're a man yourself. This is about women who prefer older men

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

LOL.......Love Your Work "Asmo"....... :D

Cheers Glen.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In their late teens and early 20's women tend to mentally mature faster than men, while many men who act in a mature fashion are simply arrogant and self opinionated.
    I see women with these so called "daddy issues" as simply enjoying the company of men who have a relaxed mature attitude.
    No doubt this can lead to sexual fantasies, but in most cases fantasies are as far as it ever goes.
    Perhaps handful of men who take advantage of girls in this position are not as mature after all.

natty347 likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was just a fucken idiot in my 20s and my 30s haven't changed direction. :tearsofjoy:

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Was that a kind of nervous laugh was it?

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

uh oh... 3 quick posts.

>.>
    <.<
    >.>

natty347 likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

oh im all good i wouldnt change anything anyway lol. i'm just having some fun.

natty347 likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i like and enjoy some of the lady like codes though. sometimes being "proper" is a sense of pride. i ain't no peasant. :p so I won't act like one.
    well apart from the swearing like a trooper, i can't help that sometimes, i say fuck like a marrfucker 'nom sayin'?
    Yes i /can/ pull myself together when completely necessary, but i'mma bit of a no fucks kinda gal too.
    i don't necessarily think i say things how it is, i just don't care about my expressions when i do say how it is looool.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because its evolution, biology, survival instinct

If love is about bonding you cant bond with someone and magically switch of every physical process when you want to, especially subconscious ones

And your dads are usually the first ones you learn to bond with, especially when you get scared when very young

Add to that, when you hit puberty you dad is usually the only adult male your mum will let anywhere near you

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How do you know? If you cant remember your dreams, you could be dreaming every night of weird creepy incest stuff with your dad

Why do you think you joined up here and started posting in this particular thread?

16. Asmodean

It's not a chatroom ;) Every post on this page is from the same user. Maybe try to put your thoughts in one post instead of 10 in a row :)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Jeezus

Driftrue likes this.
  18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

14 Posts.....Each Averaging 2 Minutes Apart......Never Seen This Before...:confused2:...WTF..???...:astonished:

Cheers Glen.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i think i might actually be more likely to read 10 short posts than 1 long wall of text.

natty347 likes this.
  20. Asmodean

That's partly because the long walls of text often lack paragraphing. I don't even bother when its lengthy but the enter button wasn't used.